Explain you religion/beliefs in a nutshell

by devinsmom 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

God, my family, me, my country, friends, Sunderland FC, chocolate

• mad max
    mad max

like jeffacake my light, IN, me has somehow being turned on, dont ask me how it just happened. And everyobodys know when the light is On it is ON, it does not get brighter and brighter. The only things that grows is the light In you. Thats my nutshell which has been broken wide open. To me GOD cannot be contained in a box or a nutshell, He can do ANYTHING.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I believe in Communion. Christ said 'take this bread and eat of it, for it is my body', and he said 'keep doing this in remembrance of me'. So I firmly believe in mixing grains and liquids and comnsuming them in his memory ... of course, in the right proportions, grains and waters also produce beer. I call it 'liquid bread'.

As far as his Father goes, I think the Dude is a practical joker. I'll take my chances with Him.

• Preston
    Preston

I tend to find more spiritual inspiration in nature and art than in any church or doctrine. My current inspiration comes from Andrei Tarkovsky and his 7 great films.

- Preston

• dh
    dh

I do not know the answer to 'what if' or 'why', and I will not believe someone else's answers just because they do.

I think there is more going on in the nature of our universe and the energies that make us conscious beings than we are aware of or understand.

I think that our consciessness trancends our physical bodies.

I think it's possible that when our bodies die, we are re-awakened to the answers we are unable to remember when we are alive as humans.

I think the concept of God may well just be a chinese whisper of ourselves.

I do not believe any of the thoughts I have absolutely and they are subject to change without warning.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Any nutshell will do provided it is empty.

Otherwise... ditto Preston about Tarkovsky...

(When Andrei Tarkovsky was a young boy he asked his father whether God existed or not. The answer, as deep as simple, was: "To those who believe he exists; to those who don't he doesn't").

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I believe that belief in things for which there is not evidence is a form of "chosen" insanity. I also believe that that "chosen insanity" exacerbates and sometimes even causes the kind of insanity that is not chosen.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oh wondrous insanity that is life...

I choose to keep living

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You're just insane!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mea culpa!
    ~raises hand~

Share this