Explain you religion/beliefs in a nutshell

by devinsmom 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I thought that said smurf tormented at first glance..

• Dustin
    Dustin

I don't know how to explain my beliefs. They always seem to change. I do know that I will never worship anything again. I despise Jehovah, and everything that so called God stands for. I do find some eastern religions interesting. I do sort of believe a little bit in Karma. I guess I just want to try and be a good person. At the same time I want to have fun. It's all a balancing act. I'm going to try and enjoy the rest of my life.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I'll choose walnut. Full of twists and turns, hills and valleys, terribly inconsistent, a hard nut to crack but deliciously worth the effort, just the same.

I thought about brazil nuts, but that was just too slippery a slope.

• siegswife
    siegswife

In a nutshell I believe that I don't need no steenkeeng religion.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well for me.......

I do believe there is a god. No matter what people say I believe there is one. I know some people say well if there was a God then bad and horrible things could and should not happen. I also believe that we as humans don't understand complex things as god does and maybe there is a reason for it. Maybe not but it gives me hope and something to make my life easier to explain and understand.

I will teach my kids to be good people and live out their lives as good loving people and make sure they know who they are and never let anyone tell them what they can and can't do. I say just be a good person and live and breathe life because that's why we have it. When the day comes for you to die you can be happy with your life and how you lived it. If it is the end there is no more road left then at least you were happy.

Brooke

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

ROFL @ Mark..."smurf-tormented"...love it

LMAO @ Siegswife..."steenkeeng religion"...!!!

~Merry

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I don't believe in God. I think religion of all types are just crutches. I believe in me, the world that I live in, things I can touch, my family and friends.

I try to live in the moment, to always improve myself, to remember that life really is "but a dream", and to be greatful that I somehow managed to come to be here, right now.

GBL

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I believe in God and Jesus. Still not sure if they are the same. I still believe in the bible. I believe as Ray Franz explains that many are and can be a "faithfull and discreet slave"

• Jahna
    Jahna

In a nutshell

Do not ask how to live, instead procede to do so.

Jahna

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

In a Nutshell............

Don't Kill anyone and be nice to Old People!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit