Explain you religion/beliefs in a nutshell

by devinsmom 67 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

A different flavour of JW? What do you mean LittleToe?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

An atheist is someone who is all dressed up but has no where to go Aerobics

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hibiscusfire:

Posts + ads = double spamming.

I slightly disagree with LT: you're on the right db but not on the right thread ("in a nut shell" = short summary). If you want to start another thread about the KJV please do.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hib:That caught your attention, eh?

Much of the stuff you're spouting is phrased in a very similar way to the JWs. The content only varies slightly, too. They believe the name Jehovah applies to the Father, you believe it applies to Christ. They are monotheistic, you are Trinitarian. They believe they'll live in paradise on earth, you believe you'll live in paradise in heaven.

In almost all other areas, you are coming across as being nearly identical, including method and tone...

We've all been there. Maybe we can help you examine your beliefs so that you don't come across as a dogmatic, ignorant, deaf, fundamentalist cult-member.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Didier:I was going to comment on that, but decided to make a rather different point, instead. Thanks for catching it.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My religion:

(kidding!)

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Jesus is God the Son and the three are ONE

I believe in the Divinity of the Son of God, it is what the Bible clearly teaches. But it has been proved that the above sentence was added to a copy of a Bible which the King James version used as a source. This was rectified later. We have 5,000 ancient manuscripts to compare now, compared to the dozen or so when KJV was written. It was an honest mistake in the KJV but we do not need such falsehood to support our view of Christs divinity. The modern (some are more accurate) translations are based on more accurate knowledge and manuscript discoveries. (This certainly does not apply to the NWT) but the kingdom interlinear is very good, and proves your point about who Christ is.

6 months ago I was like you (nothing but KJV) until I did unbiased research.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Jafacake:

Reading the bible....bible... any bible? It's like the original Cinderella which now has a different ending to the real story.

Even the Little Mermaid...you know she died in the end because she loved so much. Now we have a cartoon series where she is very much alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit