Explain you religion/beliefs in a nutshell

by devinsmom 67 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    I believe that belief in things for which there is not evidence is a form of "chosen" insanity. I also believe that that "chosen insanity" exacerbates and sometimes even causes the kind of insanity that is not chosen.

I believe like sixer does.....especially on matters that deal with lifes begginings and purpose. I also believe for some......losing their belief system can cause insanity that wasn't expected. Gumby

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

My belief in a nutshell:

Jesus is God the Son and the three are ONE. The bible, especially KJV has the most appropriate guidelines of how to live and our purpose.

God created the universe. There is good and evil just as there is heaven and hell and the bible shows. We did not just happen.

Jesus died and shed His precious blood to save the world and promise us eternal life.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Jesus is God the Son and the three are ONE.

Now that's interesting.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Yes....

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

• gumby
    gumby
    Jesus died and shed His precious blood to save the world and promise us eternal life.

Then 2000 years go by

Gumby

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Jesus is coming soon. As I said previously . It's warnings we are ignoring.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

We are living in a world where the bible has been watered down. The new versions are very misleading. The original of something can be interpreted by many - words changed, omitted. The true source is most reliable. God would not have inspired men to write it any other way. He knew what He was doing.

• Terry
    Terry

For me, belief is for people who "don't know" something.

I'd rather profess ignorance than make something up and pretend it is real.

Therefore, I am Agnostic.

I examine what I think I know and continue testing it for error. I hold others to a high standard of definitions when they use language to convince or explain or persuade.

My life is for me to define. My goals are for me to set and live up to or fail.

I belong to myself; there is no invisible guy in the sky and no boogey man below.

T.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

King James did not translate the Bible that bears his name. Yet there were 47-54 scholars God used to bring us His preserved words in English.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I recant - Hibiscus, you ARE in the right place!
    You sound exactly like a different flavour of JW.
    Stick around and learn something

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit