tonight is the night

by susu812 54 Replies latest jw friends

• susu812
    susu812

so i am being announced (the NEW way) as being df'd tonight. me and my ex--who wont show up so i will be there all alone. i am still unsure of how i feel about the whole thing. everyone that i have told so far have actually been supportive and what not but i am absolutely dreading tonight! all the stares--possible gasps from the congregation :( I was known for all my life as the good, sweet, innocent one and after me and my ex get announced TOGETHER i guess it really leaves nothing to the imagination right?! i think that is the most humilating thing to basically let everyone figure out that usually PRIVATE information! my life has seriously in ALL aspects never sucked more then right now.

thanks for letting me vent

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Just curious--why do you want to be there for the announcement?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

stay strong , i know it will probably be emotionally draining.. (why are you going for the announcement?)

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((Susu)))

If I was you I would not go, don't give them the power over you.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Show up in a limo with a few friends, a few bottles of wine, and demand the ushers give you the best seats for the show - slip a MS a sawbuck. Otherwise, why go?

• susu812
    susu812

well i live with my parents right now and my dad is an elder and they expect me to go. i still am unsure about how i feel about the whole thing so i am not exactly sure why i am going. i son't want to be a coward either. i am not going to hide from it, be too scared to face it. some people have already shunned me anyways--plus i feel like the reaction i get tonight and what i see maybe will help me with my decision ya kno?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I didnt go to them announcing my dis-association. They werent there for me when i needed them, so I wasnt there for that!

• Petruska
    Petruska

Wow!!

How is the environment at your parents house? You are courageous...

My self i ignore them, don't iven give the trouble to dissociate my self.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Ugg.. all those people will be sitting there picturing you doing the nasty with your ex. That cult treats their own so shitty. I can't imagine subjecting myself to that now.

GBL

• rebel8
    rebel8

Whatever you decide is fine. Just wanted to share my perspective FWIW, then I'll shut up.

You could look at skipping tonight's scarlet letter painting as an act of self respect. Not showing up doesn't necessarily mean you are showing fear or shame. Showing up forces them to shun you--being absent does not. You may be creating more pain for yourself.

If your object is to validate this is not God's organization, believe me, you can accomplish that in ways other than to show up for the group scourging tonight.

You could also look at it as an act of defiance and rejection of their faulty belief system--shun them, before they have an opportunity to shun you.

OT-I always felt bad for the DFd person. It was wierd. Tuesday they are your "spiritual sibling" and you had to be ready to lie down your life for them. Wednesday they are your enemy and you can't even have a cup of coffee together....a transformation taking place in a matter of minutes due to a bunch of untrained men's decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit