tonight is the night

by susu812 54 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The ticket for you now is to edcucate yourself on the Watchtower and to get out there and make normal friends. If you don't do these two things all that will be left for you is the Kingdom Hall. Over, and over, and over again.

Whatever you choose, we're here for ya susu.

GBL

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was thinking of the same quote that IP_SEC put up.. Certainly in my time, up to late 90's repentance was everything. I guess you were unlucky to have a hardnosed bunch of elders on your committee. I hope that they did not make the meeting too hard on you.

In reality, you were LUCKY. Take this time now to really research all those things that we used to take for granted as facts. Believe me there is so much knowlege out there ...

If you chose to attend meetings, then ok, but remember that you are free now to think what you want. Not answerable to anyone for your thoughts or opinions which are at least as good as anyone elses ... Use this time well . A new life starts here

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

oops to late

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    Oh I meant to ask (before my perverted mind kicked in) what is the "new way" to be df'ed? (I've been gone for a while now)

The new announcement for both disfellowshipped and disassociated people is "So-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"... They released a new book this year, "Organized to Do Jehovah's Will" which replaces the book "Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry". The new book looks almost exactly the same, green cover and all, but contains new arrangements for announcing DA'd and DF'd people. They no longer make the distinction, and it leaves the congregation even less clued up to what's taken place... (unless two peeps have been announced at the same meeting, hehe)

• potleg
    potleg

I feel very sorry that you've been put through this cruel type of religious witch hunt. The Elders in my opinion, aren't nearly as concearned for you as they are about obaying the cold hearted Watchtower Beast that rules with an iron fist. Good luck to you, and don't let them bring you down. I really hope this is your turning point away from the Org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit