tonight is the night

by susu812 54 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic
    i was df'd for the "severity" of my actions even though i was repentent--they told me even if some one is truly repentant it also depends on their sin and how long it was going on and who possibly knew about it.

This is what some people don't seem to understand. I meant to bring this up in a recent thread which basically said "it's your choice" to be disfellowshipped, although I cant find the thread now. That is basically what happened to me also. Although - I never wrote to thank them.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Susu,

F*CK THEM. Now that I have that off my chest, let talk serious.

You are so so very very lucky. To be 19 and free of that religion is unbelievable. I am truly envious. So what are you going to do. I hope you don't look back. There are so many options now. You can go to college, plan for the future and get a life. Remember:

The best revenge is living well. Your life exprience from here on out will prove that you are right.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    my life has seriously in ALL aspects never sucked more then right now

Well it probrably sucked this much at least once... you did have to get to this point with the ex right...

Never mind, I'm a pervert... Consider this the best thing that ever could have happened to you your out stay out!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Oh I meant to ask (before my perverted mind kicked in) what is the "new way" to be df'ed? (I've been gone for a while now)

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    susu: thank you everyone it was seriousy rough but now i can be done!

On the very positive side, this makes a clear mark for you now!

I'm (& some others like me are) still in a gray area (kinda in - kinda out).

Best wishes on your new FREE life!

• Dustin
    Dustin

Susu, I wish you the best. I hope the decisions you make are the ones you want. Things get easier after you're out for awhile. You don't feel so guilty making decisions that aren' JW approved. Just do your best to move on. Good luck, and keep your head held high.

Dustin

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

susu,

They disfellowshipped you for the severity of the sin and because of who knew or might come to know?

You see in the past the elders have always been told that those two things should NEVER have a bearing on whether or not to disfellowship, although the length of time could be used as a gauge to help determine repentance. This goes to prove that the recent verbal instructions elders received at our CA to not show mercy was from the branch, not just some deviant CO and DO.

Well as wrong as it was for them to do this to you, at least you are free now. Start building a life.

Pay Attention Pg 113

Neither the gravity of the wrong nor bad publicity finally determines whether the person should be disfellowshipped; rather, the determining factor is the individual's sincere repentance or the lack of it.

Even though the wrongdoer is guilty of a serious offense, the elders on the judicial committee realize that their aim is to recover the one who has fallen into a wrong course, whenever this is possible. (jude 23)

• susu812
    susu812

well they said it depends on who all knows and the period of time we were "willing" practicing sin--and it was a while-about a year so i think that had ALOT to do with it even though i was repentful. my ex tried to act repentful--cried up a storm but we both got the big DF. im stillkind of on the fence as well but who knows. it could be a new beginning.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

See this is what really bothers me about disfellowshipping people.

You are obviously very sorry for what you did. You admitted it and said you would never do it again. Why does it matter how long you did it or who knew. I know you went to God in prayer and ask for forgiveness. God can read your heart and tell that you are sorry. So why do you have to be punished so severly for a mistake. It just doesn't make sense. It seems as if the elders are more worried about how it will look on them and the congregation than if you are truly repentant or not. I know that God has forgiven you (if it was actually a sin and not some Watchtower rule) so why can't the organization. It just goes to show that this organization is not God's organization.

I wish you the best and remember, you've got your whole life in front of you. Take this time to open up your mind and explore the world.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Show up in a limo with a few friends, a few bottles of wine, and demand the ushers give you the best seats for the show - slip a MS a sawbuck. Otherwise, why go?

Lawrence that is excellent advice! Susu812,

"i am just confused as to wat i am doing now with my life. i am at the crossroads."

If your @ the crossroad, take a right & screw them. Don't bother going. Why on earth put yourself through that bs. It is NOT worth it. You are not proving anything to anybody. All they will do is snicker, and, it will make the rest of them feel better about themselves. Dismembered "Cults Suck"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit