tonight is the night

by susu812 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

My husband and I went to ours. We hadn't been in about six years so it was a bit of a shock when we showed up...in jeans and t-shirts. We refused to stand for the song or prayer. We just sat through the hideous school and after they announced us, we stood up, grinned and walked out. They talked about it for weeks.

Totally different situation for you though. I agree with those who said YOU make the decision. Don't let your father make that decision for you. You are an adult.

Rachel

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

F**k them and their stupid announcements. Having sex is not a crime and you don't deserve to be treated this way susu. I went through the same shit with my ex girlfriend, they disfellowshipped her and publicly reproved me. Her family won't even speak to her now. It kills me to hear this happening to you. Take your life by the reigns and become who you are! Get out of her my susu! (omg that was cheesy).

Seriously though, this is the crossroads in your life. This is it. What will you do?

GBL

• susu812
    susu812

its funny the way people treat you when this happens--they could of thought you were the nicest, sweetest person ever and then you make a "mistake" and you are shunned. so far my mom has been really cool about it-my dad too-but i know they would be pissed if i didn't go tonight.

your right GBL this is a crossroad for me--now i just have to figure out my entire future--i feel like tonight has such a HUGE meaning for me.

• talesin
    talesin

Susu, only go if you want to. Feel no guilt. This is a traumatic event, and will bring its own feelings in the moment. Please ensure your shields are up! May the Force be with you, whatever you decide. Search your heart, and you will know.

t

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome and good luck Susu....been there, done that, made up my mind finally. But I did not give them the satisfaction of further traumatizing me....i was not present when they announced my DFing . You will know the right thing to do.....we are thinking of you ...

Dee

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

Probably one reason she is going is because the ol "if your living under my roof then you will abide by my rules". Also no doubt she loves her father very much and he also happens to be an elder. An elder will always encourage you to go to your disfellowshipping. Actually when someone doesnt go often people take it as "she must have a rebellious spirit."

Whatever you decide Hang in there! One thing I dont understand though is if you went forth with your sin why are they disfellowshipping you? If someone is repentant then usually they dont just disfellowship like they used to.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Susu, it is going on midnight here.. I'm reading this and wondering if you ended up going. Warm hugs to you from fairchild.

• Es
    Es

I guess if you decide that the truth is still for you then perhaps goin is better even tho it will be hard you will have to face it sooner of later. If you decide that the truth isnt for you then i wouldnt go....why should you be made to feel like that its just wrong. Good luck on whateva you decide es

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Its Wednesday morning here in the Uk and I came here to see how it went. If you went, I think you are very brave!!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

When I invited the elders to a public forum with video cameras and reporters present, they didn't show up. Not one of them. People they abused showed up and gave their experiences and there weren't any good experiences. The elders are spineless cowards. Unless they can grill somebody behind closed doors they run like the scared rats they are.

I dare Jehovah's Witness to screw with me and my family. I dare em! I'll come down on em like six tons of bricks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit