How many people here are Faders?

by misspeaches 60 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

FADED IN 1998, and will re-appear once Lady C and I have completed our book, we have been invited to so many churches here in DC to speak on JW- The knock at the Door- smile

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

I was going to meetings a few years ago, then faded, then started going to meetings again, then I found this board and other information on the internet and started investigating, and have faded again, this time for good. Beth

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im not a fader, I'm active, but I understand the truth about the truth.

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

I am a fader - started slowing down in meeting attendance when I was having a hard time keeping my second baby quiet during the meetings and felt awkward (three yrs ago). Sealed my decision when the elders, during a shepherding call to encourage stronger meeting attendance, encouraged me to bring a wooden spoon to meetings to control my 18 month old..been back maybe three times since.

JT,

FADED IN 1998, and will re-appear once Lady C and I have completed our book, we have been invited to so many churches here in DC to speak on JW- The knock at the Door-

Have you looked into what the law as far as slander, etc.? I've considered writing an expose, but am not even sure if writing such a book could lead me into the a possible suit with the WTS.

HS

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I' ve been a fader for almost 10 years. It's been almost that long since I stopped going door to door or reporting time. It's been three years since I've been to a meeting, and even then I was not regular. I still go to the Memorial (travel out of town to attend my mom's hall) and usually get some of the DA in, although I can't stand all three days. Once and a while I'll attend a CA, mostly with my mom, and from time to time visit my inlaws assemblies just to keep up the facade.

BB

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i was invisible before i quit going to the meetings..so, i'm a fader ... not that anyone cared enough to notice.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I faded through feelings of inadequacy and hopelessness, only later discovering it was a bucket full of shit.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am a 3rd generation'er. Was a MS for many years and an elder for three years. Started my fade around 1995. Last time in service September 1997, last meeting attended spring 2004. The very last time I ever will talk to an elder fall 2004. Wife still in which has made it difficult and explains the amount of time it took.

• codeblue
    codeblue

NOdenial and I have been fading for 2 years now....

JT: Nice to see you post!!! I miss your posts!!! Looking forward to reading your book as well!!!

CodeBlue

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Fading...Fadin...Fadi...Fad...Fa...F........GONE!

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit