How many people here are Faders?

by misspeaches 60 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

How many people that come to this board are faders only? I am interested to know the statistics on how many people have left the borg because they have discovered their untruths or become disillusioned.

Thanks,

Miss Peache

• blondie
    blondie

My husband and I are faders. Everyone's circumstances are different.

Blondie

• luna2
    luna2

I faded mostly because of deep depression and feelings that I was unable to live under the constant barrage of guilt. I felt that strong individuals in the congregations were able to impose their consciences on others who were over-concerned with being the most humble and sincere little dubs in Dubbyworld (like me). It seemed to me that those who had ignored direction from the WTS and cong. elders and followed their own path regarding some of their "suggestions" (ie...higher education discouraged, work just to make ends meet, curtailed association with family members not in good standing) were happier, more stable people. I couldn't/wouldn't go back until I could figure out how to be one of them.

Of course, once away the relief was such that I didn't want to return. I was pretty conflicted about that and put myself down quite a bit for not being able to live up to my dedication. Now I realize that it's not the truth at all and there will be no going back.

• donald
    donald

i am....donald

• JH
    JH

I faded away many years ago, then I went back, and faded once more. I've been doing this for so long. I still go to a few meetings, but I would prefer not go. I'm unable to go to soooo many meetings. Part of me wants to please God, and part of me wants to live a normal life away from them. I'm on the fence, and it wouldn't take much to pull me away from them, once and for all...

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Successfully faded. I stopped attending meetings regularly over 15 years ago.

I stayed in depressed state because I believed that somehow they still had the 'truth' but it was just a little warped and needed to be cleaned up a bit.

I didn't date and didn't celebrate holidays for a long time.

Dating came first. Started celebrating some holidays with new boyfriend about 3 years ago.

Know that I've finally learned the truth about the truth, I will never, ever go back.

• kls
    kls

Fader

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

My Darling Husband is a fader working on his DA letter...it's taken him 7 years...LOL.

Today we went to our best friends son's birthday party. We celebrate holidays in full force.

It took quite a long time for that. He didn't see the importance in the days but he does see the importance in them to me.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I've been fading for about 2 years now.

I'm not a depressive person by nature and when the thought of going to meetings or anything JW associated started getting me depressed I knew something was wrong...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am a slow fader because I still attend quite a few meetings - my family does not know how I truly feel so in that sense I am on a lonely path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit