How many people here are Faders?

by misspeaches 60 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

I walked away in 1974, read COC in 1992 and started asking Witness people questions immediately. Full blown shunning started that second. I went public in 1995 after I realized I had nothing left to lose.

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Miss Peaches

For me, I vanished (faded) on account of the wrongs that I had done as a witness. I turned myself in 6 months into my un-ethical behavior. I never knew, however that there were so many problems within the WTS itself until as little as 2 years ago. After learning of these things, though I've not been to a KH in over 10 years, they would have given me the incentive to disappear anyway. I'm just glad I learned the truth about the truth before I went out and did something foolish with what's left of my life.

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

My wife and I are almost three years into a, so-far, successful fade.

David

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    my family does not know how I truly feel so in that sense I am on a lonely path

I am so sorry for you. My husband was on that lonely path for many years before I started to discover things

Hang in there. One of these days your family members might see the "light" too.

regards

wanna

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Unsuccessful fader.

The elders in this one english congregation are rather diligent with their sheperding calls and since my own family is in that same congregation, they manage to suck me back to some meetings from time to time.

I need to change jobs if possible and work far, far away.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was a fader for about 2 years because of the depression caused by going to meetings. I didn't know what was wrong with me until I was diagnosed with Cognitive Dissonance Disorder. Then it hit me head-on. The WTBTS was the cause so I started investigating the doctrines and read C of C and In Search of Christian Freedom. Secular sources and the WT literature convinced me the 607 date is a lie as well as ALL of the WT doctrines. I went from fader to DA to apologetic in a very short time and have never been happier since I lost my soul to Christ. The WTBTS/JW religion is so apostate I doubt that it can ever be reformed. Why bother anyway as there are plenty of Christian denominations that direct people's attention to Jesus as Savior and Lord instead of a group demonised men in Crooklyn, NY.

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

You can call me a Fader ... but I am still a JW, but I'll fade one day, my wife is a JW and all my family and frinds so i am not ready to change my lifestyle also my 2 teenage girls are still going to meetings too, so I need to keep an eye on them, make sure they don't get batized and also that they grow up right, its not an easy line I'm walking but so far I've done it for 4 years. Its almost fun at times when your in the hall and you know the truth about the truth. And you also know why so many of them are so depressed and still they blame this system of things.

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

You can call me a Fader ... but I am still a JW, but I'll fade one day, my wife is a JW and all my family and frinds so i am not ready to change my lifestyle also my 2 teenage girls are still going to meetings too, so I need to keep an eye on them, make sure they don't get batized and also that they grow up right, its not an easy line I'm walking but so far I've done it for 4 years. Its almost fun at times when your in the hall and you know the truth about the truth. And you also know why so many of them are so depressed and still they blame this system of things.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I started fading around 97

• Es
    Es

Im a fader since bout 2002 es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit