How many people here are Faders?

by misspeaches 60 Replies latest jw friends

• El blanko
    El blanko

- me

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Started fading about 1999 and as I learned more truth about the truth, I eventually vanished. Went to my last meeting (memorial) in 2003. That made it about 1 meeting in 2 years. So far my fade is successful. But then again, is there such a thing as a successful fader or will we eventually be searched out and have to make our final decission. I will DA before I let THEM do anything.

HappyDad

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I began fading a few years ago, and began missing meetings. Eventually, I moved to another city, although I did have my publishers card sent to the local congregation there. Elders came by my new place, and asked if "there was anything they could do, as I had evidently stumbled". I told them that my work prevented meeting attendance or field service "for the immediate future", and they left me alone. Then I moved again, and did NOT have my publishers card forwarded. This time, I haven't even seen witnesses in my neighborhood, let alone on my doorstep, although I have found tracts once or twice.

• vitty
    vitty

Been fading since last year

• rebel8
    rebel8

Am I a fader? I really don't know. Does that mean someone who left because they were disillusioned, someone who left gradually w/o "judicial action" being taken, or both?

I stopped all JW-related activity while I was still considered a regular pioneer (although it was well known by the elders I had never once put in over 10 hours a month). I just abruptly stopped. There was nothing gradual about it.

I was not DFd, disciplined in any way, etc. I was later called to a JC had went to please my mother. The JC was unable to uncover any "wrongdoing" and was disappointed they were unable to take any "judicial action".

I left because I was disillusioned, not because I was forced to. Is that fading?

• blondie
    blondie

I interpret fading as leaving unofficially, becoming inactive, neither being DF'd or DAing yourself.

You are no longer on the books or counted as a JW because of being inactive. But officially you are not in a position that JWs have to shun you. Not that some won't.

Blondie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Started fading after learning that 607 was incorrect along with other unknown to me dates - 1925, 1799, 1874, etc - the UN - and the great crown of Rev.

My wife followed a while later especially after reading e-watchman.

Kids are doing great out as well.

The dog was never "in" - so he's the healthiest of the bunch.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I'm a fader. Just stepped aside from being an elder. Wife knows I'm fading, but no one else does. Been fading for 2 years.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

[raises hand] Count 4: Big Tex, cruzanheart, Jennie & Jackson.

Nina

• littletree
    littletree

I only "faded" for a year. First it was just because I was tired of not keeping up with all the studying and field service, then I just said "to heck with it". I read COC, and then started browsing the Internet. Once I felt strong enough, I just stopped going. I haven't been back to my Hall since September 1, 2003 (it was the last day of our District Convention; and I almost vomited when they started talking about the evils on the Internet), but I still live in fear of getting disfellowshipped (because I don't want to lose my family).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit