How many people here are Faders?

by misspeaches 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Drank the religeous purex and faded to a pure white. Df'd for "insubordination" back in 59! No apostospots until H20!

carmel

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi! I faded about seven years ago.I was tired of the constant 'do more' treadmill. I stepped down as an elder, divorced my wife, changed halls and quietly faded away. It wasn't until I found the H20 website that I found out the truth about the 'troof' CyrusThePersian

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wifey and I started out full tilt two years back - then we read Franz and nailed the coffin shut for good about 18 months back.

Actually, I doubt taht the cong thinks we 'fell away' - I think they know we left intentionally, but when they started whispering 'apostates', and it got back to me, I theatened legal action and they stay away. I guess I got lucky. I don't really care what they do, but we have a couple of family in there so we are not rushing to get Df'd.

Jeff

• freedom96
    freedom96

Really just faded away. The last hall I attended didn't give a rats ass anyways, so they don't miss me. I remember one lady introducing herself to us, and asking if we were new. I told her that I had been attending that congregation for two years. The look on her face was priceless.

Needless to say, I never tried to make myself known there.

• talesin
    talesin

At age 18, I realized it was a pack of lying, deceitful, power mongers, and faded. They df'd me a couple of years later, just to be pr*cks.

t

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

fadin' since '98....

Has it been that long? LOL

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Thank you all so much for your replies.

It certainly helps reading of peoples expereinces similar to my own. I love being at JWD.

Miss Peaches.

• evita
    evita

I faded over 20 years ago when I was about 22 or 23. I almost got DF a number of times but managed to
    avoid elder visits and JC. Also, moving to a nearby town helped. They just lost interest in me. I wish I could say this was the end of my relationship with the org. but my mom was still a very devoted dub and professed to be one of the anointed so I could never completely cut the cord and formally DA.

E.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Was brought up as a JW and started to fade about 10 years ago; not been to a meeting for a great number of years (which i cant remember); its not important, what is key however is the fact that I am never going back...

Its great being on the outside looking in and seeing it for what it really is.

DB74

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I was a fader for 2-3 years. Then I changed jobs and moved. But I needed a clear message and wrote a DA letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit