What was your most humiliating point of being a jw?

by love11 42 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

Mine was when my mom signed me up to sit at a table at our local university. We had to sit there and talk to students as they passed by our table. A few people came up to start a conversation and I didn't even know what they were talking about. I felt like an idiot being publically beaten. I just thought, ' I should be in college not preaching to college students!' She told me that it's better to be educated in god then educated in the world. And we had to go down to the office and get a key for our mailbox. I couldn't stand it. I had to go the whole week!!! During the middle of the week I finally got "sick" and my mom was so mad that she had to do the rest of the week on her own with another older sister. I cringe when I think about it.

So what's yours?!!!!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

As a High School student at a basketball game in Kalispel, Montana in 1975 I had to sit through both the US and Canadian national anthems, the indignant whispers became loud mocking jeers.

At work in Texas in 1985 I was the only person not to donate blood for the son of a co-worker injured in an oil well expolsion.

• dh
    dh

the one time elders came to see me after i was baptized... they were there to counsel me for using bad language, and to quote the po, 'it's not that you used bad langauge, it's what you said that concerns us' go figure, i think they never knew how such a thing that i said could get into my head. it must have been satan. anyway that wasn't so much humiliating as downright absurd.

• upside/down
    upside/down

door to door... and seeing someone who knew the REAL me...

***shuffles off in shame***

u/d

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I was in the 6th grade and everyone had to memorize the Star Spangled Banner. Of course I couldn't do that because it was so evil, so the teacher made me sit and WATCH everyone while they wrote the test to make sure no one cheated. What a mean teacher and that was just one of many low points in my school career as a JW.

Cathy L.

• tweety
    tweety

An elder asked me to go on a return visit....I sat through the entire discussion and the guy said to me, 'don't you recognize me?' After looking at him for almost a 1/2 hour, I had no clue who the guy was.

He told me, 'my name is C____ we use to date each other.' My face turned bright red and I could feel myself getting hot! I wanted to stand up and walk right out the front door. The elder saw that I was embarrased....but he kept on talking.

Dee

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Dee.....let me get this right. You were getting "hot" on a return visit to your ex's house? Oh my!!

• observador
    observador

Giving a #4 talk AGAINST masturbation. How Jehovah, the true God, hated it so very much; how unclean...

Man, that was hard (no pun intended...).

Observador.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

practically having to get on my knees to beg for reinstatement

tijkmo of the..take away his dignity and as if that is not enough--strip him of his pride class

• love11
    love11

These are great stories, some sad, but still good stories. Thanks........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit