What was your most humiliating point of being a jw?

by love11 42 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

One time I was giving a Service Mtg. part and the tornado sirens sounded... which means duck and cover NOW!

The PO was staring at me watching what I would do... the entire hall just sat there...staring... I wrapped up my thought and excused myself and said that me and my family were heading for a secure room (as you're supposed to do)...

The PO got up and said...well if any of you want to you can go... but we're going to continue on with the meeting as that is what J would want.

Then I got a lecture afterward that if I wasn't "spiritual" enough to step up to the plate... since J protects his people... maybe I should rethink my priveleges.

Assholes...too bad the tornado didn't hit the Hall... and all the dumbasses that didn't "heed the warning" suffered the consequences...

Man was this entire experience prophetic or what... would've made for a great illustration in a talk.... or not.

u/d (of the heed the warning class)

• undercover
    undercover

I posted a thread yesterday about certain memory flashbacks and I remembered the time when I was 5 or 6 and my grandmother physically forced me to get dressed to go to her church.

Another memory flashback I had while trying to remember my early childhood as a JW was at about the same age...we were out in service out in the middle of nowhere. I remember dirt roads, long driveways, houses up on the sides of hills. I kept asking to go to the bathroom but my mother kept saying it wasn't time for break yet, it was too far to go to go back to town. I guess the thought of just peeing on the side of the road was too uncouth for her. I'm only 6, maybe 7, and I'm forced to go to the door alone. I remember the house, it was wood frame, kind of log cabin style, with a rough hewn lumber front porch. I remember standing on the porch knocking, the lady comes to the door, I was already nervous because I didn't like service and talking to people...I had to pee really bad...before I could get my name out I peed down my leg onto her porch. No puddle, the pee ran down between the boards on the porch. I don't remember what happened afterwards. I've tried and tried but the aftermath is still blank.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Standing on the street corner of Third and Main holding The Watchtower and Awake! I was 18 or 19-years old, and prayed that none of my school friends saw me. I wanted to fall into a crack in the sidewalk!

• Soledad
    Soledad
    I'm only 6, maybe 7, and I'm forced to go to the door alone. I remember the house, it was wood frame, kind of log cabin style, with a rough hewn lumber front porch. I remember standing on the porch knocking, the lady comes to the door, I was already nervous because I didn't like service and talking to people...I had to pee really bad...before I could get my name out I peed down my leg onto her porch. No puddle, the pee ran down between the boards on the porch. I don't remember what happened afterwards. I've tried and tried but the aftermath is still blank.

at your parents for making you do this at such a young age! I hate how the WTS drones treat kids!

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Calling on a schoolmate was pretty bad. Also My dad and I used to go swimming at the highschool pool during the week and this one time there was a boy there that I had a crush on for a long time, he was in one of my classes, we were in 8th grade and so I was talking to him in the pool and my dad came over, introduced himself as my dad and asked the kid if he knew I was a witness and proceeded to start preaching away to him. I was sooooo embarrasssed, I wanted to drown right there on the spot.

-april

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

People seeing me going to the hall or out in the FS, man I hated that.

Not getting to go to the school disco, so I made up a story that my eyes couldn't take the flashing lights, a very serious condition you know.

Not being able to go on school trips because people were bad

Just a few things, I could go on but like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter

BM

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

my dad who was ALWAYS po, conducting the rather large congregation bookstudy. i might add that he had the whole congregation worshipping him and eating out of his hand. that particular evening, i actually got to sit next to my friend; we were both about 14 or so. my friend started whispering a little too loudly and my dad literally stopped the book study to chastise me. TOTALLY embarrassing!!! then the fellow "brothers and sisters" ragged on me afterwards, as well.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Just being and living as one was humiliating enough.

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

After the "mistake" that Armageddon was not coming in 1975, the most humilating point was the "new light" in 1994 that Armageddon was not coming in my lifetime after all.

All the missed opportunities, college, advancement at work, choice of husband.....all poor choices based on what some old men in Brooklyn said I should do in order to survive Armageddon.

I realized right at that point Armageddon was the same as hellfire in other religions. A means to manitpulate and deceive.

I have made many positive, educate choices since.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

What Calamityjane said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit