Who Was Shocked By the Watchtower UN NGO Scandal?

by AlanF 121 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Shocked it not nearly strong enough to express how we felt about this revelation. We were still in the JWs and going to all the meetings etc. (32 years in the Organisation) One day our son told us that he had come across this info about the UN+JWs on the internet, and of course our initial reaction was - Oh you can't believe everything you read on the internet. I even thought that some-one had got a letter-headed sheet from the UN and cut and pasted the info onto it - I just couldn't believe it. In fact we telephoned the UN Building (from our home in UK) to ask them, then as if that wasn't enough proof we emailed them, and then wrote a letter to them, each time we received confirmation that it was true. That was the beginning of the end for us.

It probably took one year for us to be absolutely convinced that the JWs were not God's chosen organisation.

Thanks once again to all who enabled this material to come to light.

Twinkletoes and Kaytee

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I know this is such a serious subject but I thought what hawkaw said funny.

And the membership should be wearing brown paper bags over their heads during their yearly arena gatherings due to the embarrassment the leadership has caused them.

Can you imagine a whole arena filled with these.....

• heathen
    heathen

What really gets me is the total lack of a repentant attitude from the org. leaders . Jeezzzzzussssss HHHHHHHH cahhhhhhhhhriiiisstttttttttttttttt they make their members miserable over far more petty things than joining satans #1 organization and then lying about it . It's just unreal the way they treat each other such absurd crap even sneaking around in the shadows trying to catch someone in some sort of compromising position . Here I was being worldly and all for driving a sports car or having some fun on new years eve whatever the f@#$ they just plain deserve every bit of the critique we can muster around here .

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

It just seemed too over the top, I couldn't believe they could do something so stupid. It was as if they were trying to rub it in the face of everyone other than the rank and file that they are a group of lunatic cult leader hypocrites.

It's like the biggest joke in the world that everyone else is in on but the JW's themselves.

GBL

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It just seemed too over the top, I couldn't believe they could do something so stupid.

Yup---that's pretty much how I saw it too!

It's like the biggest joke in the world that everyone else is in on but the JW's themselves.

Somehow I don't think that anyone other than exJWs really saw anything so terribly wrong in it. To understand the implications of this, people would have to have a working knowledge of what the WTS had been saying about the UN for all those years. The average Joe couldn't care less what the WTS teaches.

I think that's why we feel so strongly about this---because we do know!

Just my 2 cents

Annie

• Sheri
    Sheri

I too was shocked about the UN since only finding about it on this website. I did speak with the Society last week and was told that I needed to speak with the person handling any questions on the UN issue, since this really is Old Business it still must be getting a lot of questions. The Long and short of my conversation is that it was done only because they were told to have continued access to the library they had to fill out this simple form "like filling out for a library card" and when asked if they asked for confirmation of this requirement to be put in writing was told No. My question was how could the Society join the BEAST just be a library clerk telling them verbally. I asked the person if he had seen the application and he said No, I asked if I could get a copy of it and he said I could write and ask but he did not know. I told him of my disappointment of their decision and I found it had to believe that the 1991 Awake was not prepared exactly for purpose of application to UN as a NGO and he said that was not the case. Told him to read any articles prior to 1991 and the wording is no way close to that article and those after the fact. He said it was unfortunate but as soon as they found out what NGO required they stopped membership. I told him it was very strange that it just happened to be in line with the disclosure by the Guardian newspaper article.

This just goes along with their having articles to share to those who inquire about the 607 dating based on 537 plus 70 yrs of exile to get to 607 for fall of Jerusalem. Yet when asked how can the whole world be wrong and only WTS right based on prophecy they can rewite history from 607 BCE to Adam. When I asked if they were keeping a date (607) to get to 1914 by adding 2520 years from Daniel. He said No but I told him it just fits for forcing prophecy to keep dates and God's only channel in 1919. When I spoke of taking the Babylonian Kings list from "Your Will Be Done" and doing the math for each Kings Reign you will get to 586/587, but was told that was because I was doing "traditional math", and finding the Bible's dates more trustworthy, (even when I reminded him the Bible does not get YEARS). There is no changing their minds I am just one cog on the wheel to be replaced by another new one. Again Thank you for the KISS posting.

This is all so sad to me after 20+ years just accepting dates being in agreement with history not realizing that I was being duped. However I am sharing my Truth with those that will listen.

Barbara Thank you for taking a stand.

Peace

Sheri

• alw
    alw

allan f.

after being in 23 years, and one of my main reasons for even getting involved with them in the first place was the neutrality issue. i worked on nuclear arms in britain, and after arriving here in aussie, and being contacted by jws telling me how neutral they were it certainly got my attention.

when my daughter told my wife last year about the u.n. scam i thought oh no she has been on that apostate site where they make up all the lies about us.

after checking for myself,shock, horror, gasp,i had to reread it again to make sure it was true.

we were already fading about 6 months then, this was the final nail in the coffin so to speak.

i remember the 86 year of peace awake, the one with the picture of all the religions praying together for peace at the U.N. and the awake slted them for it. b.....y hypocritesmr.alw

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I had already been out of the jw's for several years and had lost all faith or beliefs of theirs.

Actually I had grown to despise them, their teachings and their shunning.

But when I first read of the UN debacle I was shocked at how truly deceptive they were.

Then the emotion changed to laughter and gladness that they had revealed them selves as hypocrites and liars for all the world to see.

I was certain that all of my family that shunned and looked down on me, would see all this and get out of that cult.

Wrong again, they still believe the wbts is Gods gift to mankind.

Outoftheorg

• love11
    love11

I was completely shocked! They always talk about not having association with the world and how seperate they are from the "Babylon the Great" ,then you hear that they became members!!!!!! Don't tell me that attending college is so worldly, when they are members of the UN !!!!!!!!

• Forscher
    Forscher

I was completely shocked as well! I was recovering from a hospitalization when I came across it on the net. Since I checked it directly with the UN website, I didn't need to ask the WTBTS if it was true or not. At the same time, I'd also come across Silent Lambs and had a short correspondence with Bill Bowen before he was DF'd.

The two together, along with some other growing concerns I already had, were enough for this old rooster to stay at home and away from the KH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit