Who Was Shocked By the Watchtower UN NGO Scandal?

by AlanF 121 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Library my ass!

My nephew happens to be the 'young gun' lawyer (bought and paid for by the wtbs) who was and still is assigned to attend 'human rights' type conferences world wide. Most of these conferences are sponsored or hosted by the UN or some religous body.

Not much real back bone left in staunch 'fight em till hell freezes over' attitude that Rutherford and Franz tried to instill. They have become fat and lazy.......

Oh my THE TRUTH aint what it used to be.

Danny

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Alan:

I was shocked, bothered and angry when I heard this news.

I was raised from birth to unquestionly believe, that the governing body of the WTS was directed by God and given the command to care for His flock, to teach us what He directed them to. I believed whole-heartedly what they continually preached about the UN and how giving any support to any organization like this that God hated and would destroy, would be "thumbing our nose" at God's commands....nothing less than blasphemy.

I had already been shocked many times before this, by learning of so many other erroneous teachings, deliberate misleading misquotations in their publications, revealing information in the CoC book, so many horror stories of child abuse coverups, of Bethel scandals, and so many heartbreaking stories of families torn apart. By the time I heard of the WTS becoming an associated NGO, I was already convinced we had all been duped and was angry at having wasted so many years of my life.

Even so, this was still a shock to hear because being an associated NGO was such hypocrisy, and the lame excuse the head honchos gave was insulting to our intelligance.

To think of those still left in the organization, my family included, who still so gullibly believe this is the one true religion and all others will be destroyed by God, is just heartbreaking and frustrating.

Sorry for being so long-winded in my explanation.

Had Enough

• one
    one

Yes, shocked.

I.M.O. it is the greatest issue i ever heard. It is related to the the most important doctrine ("God's Kingdom") teached by wt and a key entity (UN) to play a very very importan role just before the END.

Other issues such as blood, child molester etc just dont compare.

• selchie
    selchie

I was shocked, even though I have been "inactive" for the past 15 years. I readily believed it, but my parents' (50+ years for mom, 35+ for dad) response was insane. I told my parents about all of the proof -- the letters from the U.N., the Guardian article, everything -- and their reply was unbelievable. First, they said, "You can't believe the internet." Then, when I said that a major newspaper wrote an article, they called it "one of those papers like the National Enquirer." Finally, when I said that there were letters from the U.N. confirming the WTBS was a UN NGO, they said, "Of course there are letters. That's Satan's organization and he will use those demonized people to manufacture false accusations." I am afraid they are too far gone. On some level, though, I think that it would be sad for them to lose their faith at this late stage. They have lived their entire adult lives for the WTBS and would have nothing left if their religion failed them.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I was outraged! I think that it is a very minor thing compared to the issue of child molestation in terms of actual damage done.

As far as detriment to the continued existence of Jehovah's Witnesses, this is more blatant and far more easily established. The cheek of it! For that, I think it is more important in some ways than other issues. Presenting their culpability according to their own standards in a provable way is so easy any six-year-old Witness could understand it, although "mature Christians" seem to have a harder time distinguishing between right and wrong.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

selchie,

PM your address and I will mail you copies of a letter the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses sent to me admitting it. Or better yet, write yourself and ask.

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses
    ATTN: Writing Department
    2821 Route 22
    Patterson, NY 12563-2237

Better still, get your brothers to call and ask: (845) 306-1100!

BTW, Welcome!!!

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• ron&teresa
    ron&teresa

Go UN!! check out their case studies at un.org and all the infor they have. Great think tank and no threat to humanity.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

As I was trying to deal with my child's sexual abuse, my unfair dfíng for speaking out about it, and not getting any privelages back for months after reinstatement my husband was busy on the internet, looking up any information he could about the WTS.

In some sick way I guess I still felt the WTS was God's organization and that what had happened to my family was just unfortunate and due to some poor leadership. But the more I read and thought about things the more I couldn't deny the WTS's trickiness and even corruption.

My husband initially started getting me to look at the internet, showing me the 'silent lambs' site and also information about the Pangello's situation. I was horrified to hear how many other JWs had experienced the same suffering as my family had. As I read more and looked outside the information controlling organization, I started to feel validated in distrusting and even disliking the WTS. It was like opening my eyes and mind to the horrible truth about something I trusted 100%.

Now things started to make some sense to me and I didn't feel like I was evil, unspiritual or faithless for questioning the WTS's way of dealing with things such as sexual abuse, and for disapproving of how they handled things.

So by the time my husband told me about the UN scandal I was ready to accept the WTS being corrupt and hypocritical. It was the proverbial 'straw that broke the camel's back'. And I left without any guilt or doubt. What also confirmed their dishonesty was, no elder ever talked about being UN NGO yet when asked why the WTS was involved with the UN..................they had a pathetic library card excuse ready!

So I guess you could say finding out about the UN scandal sealed my fate in leaving without regret! But the WTS has hurt many with their lies and deception. The UN scandal was just 1 thing about the WTS that made me very angry.

Cheers, Bliss

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I'll tell you what I was shocked by - it was when I skimmed an Awake article in my mom's house that was all about what the U.N. was doing in Africa. I think it was probably circa 1999/2000 or so. I was going to ask my mom if the Society had changed its opinion on the UN being the image of the beast...but red wine was a better focus.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Then the emotion changed to laughter and gladness that they had revealed them selves as hypocrites and liars for all the world to see.

That's the BEST! Now 'honesthearted' people can see the WTBS for what it truly is ... a cult, plain and simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit