Who Was Shocked By the Watchtower UN NGO Scandal?

by AlanF 121 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Daytona
    Daytona

For me it split open and killed any hope I might have had of some remnant of integrity and honesty left in the Governing Body. They play shell games and are just as disloyal to Jehovah as Judas was to the Christ.

The articles praising the U.N. were a disgusting display of hypocrisy and a sell out. They have betrayed us, lied to us and to our children. They have apostazied from Jehovah and his Son.

Daytona

• Eric
    Eric

AlanF,

After the egoism and personal grandstanding that had me quite fed up with the SilentLambs situation, the unerring dissection of the UN/JW/NGO connection found here restored my belief that minds larger than mine were cracking away at the hypocritical foundations of the WBTS.

The information has been invaluable in slowly easing open minds closed tight like a fist.

Eric

• sf
    sf
    They have betrayed us, lied to us and to our children.

Ah Daytona, yet lookie here, about how WT loves the children they lie to:

Tomorrow WT study article...

OUR CHILDREN A PRECIOUS INHERITANCE

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/90243/1.ashx

sKally

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I describe my feelings as shocked. However, in retrospect I should have figured that something was going on. I can recall reading some of the "pro" UN articles and wondered why didn't the society include the usual "zinger" that man's efforts are hopeless and that the only hope for mankind is....yadayadayada.

I also had a feeling of anger. I remember an event sometime in the mid 90's. While taking a class on economics I had to get some research information from the UN. I distinctly remember the feeling of fear and apprehension calling the UN for the information. I kept thinking that I was doing something wrong. How could I, a "true christian" have anything to do with the beast? When I found out that I was probably talking to the same librarian that Ciro interacted with on an on-going basis I was angry.

• mormon 4 life
    mormon 4 life

were you jw b4?

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

I was surprised, bewildered, shocked, stunned and outraged!!!!!!!!!

The hypocrites; their hierarchy proclaimed:
    "? we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion, and worship of "the wild beast" and its "image," the United Nations." Watchtower Nov 15 2001 p 19.

They labelled the UNO, the
    "disgusting thing that causes desolation". WT Jan. 15, 77. p 44, Sept. 15, 82, p 17, 18. Nevertheless they attached themselves to the UN in association with the DPI as an NGO. They accepted and endorsed the general objectives and principles of the UN. They committed themselves to publish UN propaganda in their magazines. They were an NGO from 1992-2001.

This was very hypocritical; scandalous.
    They were hiding from the RF their affiliation with the UN for 10 years. One may ask: what else are they hiding?

In their recent publication "Organized to?" on page 155, the following statement appears: "For example, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization that has objectives contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God."

The Watchtower governing body labels the UNO, the "disgusting thing that causes desolation", "the wild beast" etc. yet they voluntarily attached themselves to the system they so vigorously condemn; but should their followers link with an organization such as YMCA, they can expect the most severe punishment, even be disfellowshiped, be cut off from their families and life long friends. They would be shunned for the rest of their life.

Observe their hypocrisy and double standards. Because the YMCA was interlocked with religion, anyone joining the YMCA would be considered an apostate.

In the 01/01/79 p 31 Watchtower magazine this question was asked: "Is it true that for religious reasons Jehovah's Witnesses may not become members of the YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association)?"

"In joining the YMCA as a member a person accepts or endorses the general objectives and principles of the organization? Nor is his membership merely an entry pass, as when a person buys a theater ticket. Membership means that one has become an integral part of this organization founded with definite religious objectives, including the promotion of interfaith. Hence, for one of Jehovah's Witnesses to become a member of such a so-called "Christian" association would amount to apostasy " ? Even in this regard it is wise to consider whether this course will adversely affect the consciences of others."

When joining UN in association with the DPI as an NGO, the hierarchy had to endorse the general objectives and principles of the UNO. Yet, the R& F would be severely punished if they in a minor way liked up with the YMCA.

How disgusting!!!!!!! How scandalous!!!!!! No wonder the governing body had to keep their followers in the dark for 10 years concerning their affiliation with the UNO.

The reason given for joining up as NGO was to obtain library card. This is another insult, and a
    lie . There is ample evidence on the UNO website to pin them to that lie.

It would have been advisable for the Governing Body to take advice from UNO on free speech. Witnesses however are not permitted to
    vocalize their concerns about mistakes made, or injustices committed by the leadership. Any member, who now discovers any cover up and dares to speak up, will soon face the elders and will be instructed to keep quiet or face judicial committee, and severe punishment.

Why don?t they practise what they preach? Watchtower July 15 1996 p 18: "Humility will move us to ?pursue peace? with our brothers, admitting our mistakes and making appropriate apology."

After many years, and much experience in the Watchtower religion, I am not holding my breath. I feel deceived, betrayed and used by the hierarchy.

David

• Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder

I wrote to the society last year about this and the standard letter was sent back to me which as we know contained 2 lies...1. They didnt need to become an NGO to access the library and 2. the criteria has not changed...as they said it had. Recently i was asked by a 'wavering' friend to provide him with the info on the UN. I duly obliged..being careful only to give him documents from WTS and the UN ...nothing which could be considered apostate.

He took it to 2 elders in the cong, one of whom i work with...one day a week. I will say that he has been a good friend to me and i have said things to him which could put me before a judicial...but he has kept my confidences. However, we had a discussion the next time i worked with him and his response was so typical of a zealous witness. I said to him that the proof was there (i had even underlined the salient points) and he turned round and said he knew who he PREFERRED to believe! I asked him what axe the UN had to grind against the society so that they would fabricate a story and he didnt answer.

It has been said before though that even if you confront Witnesses with concrete evidence and they do not want to leave the truth, it forces them deeper into their holes and you will not get them out.

Steve

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

UN scandal is only a symptom of a much more sinister scandal

Every type, antitype, prophetic example, string of scriptural quotes, twisted time lines, they have taught as gospel from the days of Russell till now, are testimony to the simple fact..........Jehovah's Witnesses, have no corner on anything even resembling 'the truth'!

They simply have relied on the imaginations of men like Rutherford and Franz who thought way to much of themselves, or ability to interpret what God wants. The sheer arrogance of it, should make people stop in their tracks......ponder the reality of the record.

Every current jw should review the hidieous reputation this organization has established as decievers. Even if the deception has been carried out with no malice or intent of harm, they are guilty of wreaking havoc on the lives of millions.

The legacy will not go away for another 100 plus years.........

Damn them.

Danny

• Es
    Es

Yeah I was a little shocked i had not heard any of this until being on this forum i couldnt believe it at first escpecially after the revelation book depicting them as babylon the great and then to learn they had joined. es

• one
    one

alan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit