Who Was Shocked By the Watchtower UN NGO Scandal?

by AlanF 121 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Hi, Alan,

The complete and absolute hypocricy of it was shocking to me. Even though I had stopped believing in 'the truth' long before I ever found out about it... it was what finally put to rest any niggling little "what if they were right" thoughts that occaissionally popped into my head and heart. I had never come across any other scandals they were involved in previous to learning about the UN issue.

It was difficult for me to believe at first... surely they could not be so blatantly hypocritical. This was the religion that told me from the time I was a little girl that the UN was the wild beast. They were corrupt and a product of Satan the Devil. How could they be a part of it? It was unfathomable.

When finally I was convinced that it was true, it gave me a different perspective of the organization. Before I always tried to tell myself, and others when the conversation came up, that it was just another religion. It was so ingrained in me, from talks I grew up listening to, that they weren't a cult. It was instinctive for me to hold on to that... a knee jerk reaction. Knowing the degree of hypocrisy this took allowed me to look at the WTBTS in a different light and freed me to admit to myself the negative aspects of what it was.

For me it was a powerful nail in the coffin of ingrained beliefs I grew up with. It was frightening and freeing at the same time.

Jackie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Let's put it this way Alan. If I had not already known due to other evidence that this was not the truth, this would have been enough for me to leave. [I found out about three months after reading Franz' books and putting it together from other info]

I still think that this particular issue is the most damning of all.This religion proclaims the UN to be the scarlet colored wild beast of Revelation, condemns all other religion by claiming they are riding on it's back as that great harlot. Then they climb on board and ride along for ten years without telling anyone?

There is no better way to spell hypocrisy than W-a-t-c-h-t-o-w-e-r.

Jeff

• Will Power
    Will Power

Being a nonJW I didn't think much of it. i did think it weird that there was such a reaction.....

then I read stuff that they had written about the league of nations. / .the united nations.

I could NOT BELEIVE it! The Babylon the Great has Fallen book just threw me. How could they get away with writing & publishing such shyt. People were supposed to actually believe that crap and call it religion?

I was stunned.

Will

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Not me, because I don't think it was a very big deal.

-Eduardo

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I stopped attending meetings in 1987 or 88 and when the UN story broke here I was long gone from the JWs with no chance of ever going back.

And I was SHOCKED by the UN thing. I could not believe it.

My mom was shocked when I told her (dfed).

My brother was pissed as hell when I told him (innactive, with questions).

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

It just didn't make any sense to me. Had anyone ever read a good word about the U.N. in Watchtower literature before they became a NGO? No, nothing but condemnation. Now, for ten years, a complete aboutface. They actually had some positive things to say about the U.N. And all this, supposedly to use a library card. It makes about as much sense had they joined the Vatican in order to use its library.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I was already on my way out, trying to fade, but when the UN/NGO situation was revealed I was LIVID!!! Since I was little that's all I ever heard was that the UN was the "wild beast" and to have association with that organization would be like sleeping with a harlot.

I had joined the YMCA for a day back in the 80's because they had the only heated pool in the town. I loved to swim and wanted to get back into shape after having 2 babies. At the time I was in college going through nursing school. My husband said I would get DF'd if I didn't unjoin the Y. ()

I thought what an arrogant organization to do what they expel people for. They ruin people's lives through their disfellowshipping program and yet they slept for 10 years with the harlot while riding the back of the "image of the wild beast". (Mental picture from the Revelation book of the harlot riding the wild beast) *shivers*

Joy

• codeblue
    codeblue

I was totally shocked.

It is after all, "spiritual adultery" with the "wild beast"...and like mentioned before, we could never join the Y for exercise...what could be worse?

They joined for the UN for 10 years.............and somebody said they quit, no biggie?

Well, if you had committed fornication or adutlery for 10 years it would be an AUTOMATIC df'ing for any JW member. The WBTS needs to be df'd....UNTIL we decide if they are repentent...

Codeblue

• Quentin
    Quentin

I've been gone long enough that it was no shock. The society are hypocrites, nothing new there.

I was more shocked by the child abuse issue.(Blonde)

That subject is a different matter. To cover up child abuse, even to the point of protecting the molester, is not hypocrisy it is wicked, it is evil and they are soaked in the stench of it.

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Not me, because I don't think it was a very big deal.

-Eduardo

No big surpise comment from Ed once again.

After 22 years of hearing about how bad the UN is and them condeming all the other churches for being part of it, yes I was pissed off. Hell, I had been out for about 12 years when I heard about it. Then I thought that this would be the thing to wake up some family members still in the bOrg (along with child molestation issue). Nope, they have their heads so far up the WTS's ass that they wouldn't even look at the proof, stating that "It is all apostate lies!".

Heatmiser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit