Did You Ever Think You'd No Longer Be A Witness?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The 1995 generation thing killed a lot of people in the organization. That was the beginning of the end!

• upside/down
    upside/down
    When the 1995 debacle ('new light') about the 1914 generation, I knew that was the beginning of the end for me in the WTBTS.

When I found this website, I knew the final end was fast approaching.

Any day now I'll muster up the courage to have it end for good between me and the WTBTS.

DY

DY- I've been watching your posts... you're a powder keg about to go off! The wrong Dub is gonna push the wrong button and BOOOM! Wish I could be there. u/d

• minimus
    minimus

Yup---a lot of anger coming out. Good.

• JAVA
    JAVA

For the first 10 years as a JW, I saw myself as a Jehovah Witness, and being in "the Truth." Never thought I would be anything else, and never thought I would grow old in "this system of things," etc.

After the Tower's 1975 failure, and after seeing how they blamed the rank-n-file for their failure, I entered into the "going through the motions" phase.

By 1980 I couldn't imagine why anyone would be a JW.

By 1983, I wanted to expose the Tower for what it is--nothing more than another self-serving cult religion.

• blondie
    blondie

I never thought of myself as a JW by a certain point; that way I could distance myself from the dissonance. But it made it hard in the D2D since I didn't want to encourage anyone to become a JW.

• Gordy
    Gordy

NO.

After 25 years it was the last thought in my mind. Until a time when I expected love and support from "Jehovahs loving organisation" all they could think about was sidelining me, separating me from me family.

That then made me turn and start to seriously question them.

• prophecor
    prophecor

More than anything else, I knew one day, I wouldn't be one. Even after baptism I knew one day I would no longer be one of Jehovah's Witnesses, it was just a matter of time. If the system didn't end quickly, I knew I'd oneday soon find myself on the outside.

• love11
    love11

Never! I was raised in it and I whole heartedly believed what I was told. Trouble was... they had a hard time convincing my adult mind that what they were doing was right.

• evita
    evita

I was always religiously confused. Born Jewish, raised an atheist, Mom became a Jw when I was 14 and I was baptized at 15.
    I don' t know if I ever really believed it. I remember praying to Jehoba to please help me believe. Then I just did it to fit in but I think I even had myself fooled for a while.
    I also remember praying to J to help me find a way to get out.
    What a confused and foolish girl I was.

A little less confused now.

Evi

• Carmel
    Carmel

When I fantacized leaving the Borg, the term apostate was not in the JWspeak yet and computers were so far over the horizon even the military didn't have it yet, much less internet and even much less JWD.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit