Did You Ever Think You'd No Longer Be A Witness?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

hell no! when it's your life, you don't think you'll ever lose it, nor do you want to

bethel

• freedom96
    freedom96

I grew up a witness, and though I hated it, I had no pre-planned escape.

I faded away, and for me, that worked best.

I guess I never saw myself banging on doors all my life, or going to the meetings. But I never dwelled on it either.

• JW83
    JW83

I was raised in it too & thought I was a better Witness than my family! I was suckered right in, & I believed in it pretty much until after my last meeting, when I just walked out the door & never went back in. By that stage I thought I couldn't live forever in paradise with JWs (I'd rather kill myself) and I thought Jehovah was a BAD GOD! It only took a few weeks before I was a huge apostate, though. It must have been lying under the surface my whole life.

• prophecor
    prophecor

It felt too much like Jesus when he would talk about those who cleanse the outside of the cup, but do nothing to cleanse the inside. I just never felt like one of the fold, not that I thought I was any better than anyone else, but I felt I was only giving superficial outward service. I almost felt more like the Fuller Brush saleman, or someone who sold vacuum cleaners, a used car salesman. The truth was never really in me from the door. I can say I was truly merely going thru the motions.

• bennyk
    bennyk

I was baptized despite serious reservations re: the Organization ("God's sole channel"). I could not accept the WTS doctrine that Jesus was mediator for only 144 000 individuals in the whole of human history. The change in the baptismal vow (1985(?)) was really the beginning of the End for me. The continual, strident calls for reverence toward the WTS became unbearable, the doctrines proved to be unscriptural, the palpable lack of Christian love was unacceptable. At long last, it was time to jump...

• Balsam
    Balsam

I fully believed that the JW organization had God's Holy Spirit and spoke for Christ in 1972. I believed it whole heartedly. Actually I did right until my middle son died. Then the mirage began to go away. Like in the Matrix I began to understand what I thought was real wasn't. After 30 years I walked away, but never would I have believed I would be on here having made a 180 degree in my thinking.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Not until I started reading the bible and discovered the WTS is all lies about Jesus, the Trinity, blood, God, the Holy Spirit, birthdays, love, etc.

The WT brand of Christianity SUX

• Dawn
    Dawn

I was raised a JW - so up until around 18-19 yrs old - I would have to admit NO. I would have thought this site was EVIL and full of people who hated God. After all, I was part of the only true religion.

But - after 19, I started to see cracks in the religion - so looking back on it all, I think I could imagine myself at this site back then too.

It's been over 15 yrs now since I left so it almost seems like another life I lived once upon a time. But I do remember thinking as a JW that I could NEVER live if I was DF'd - and to be an "apostate" on top of that - OMG!!!

15 yrs later - I have been re-baptised and now work in children's leadership at a local church. Funny how life changes us hu?

• Frog
    Frog

Vitty said "I was terrified of not being a witness. Some time ago at an assemble the DO said "next year 50 of you, wont be here" I was so scared cos I knew something was amiss but I still thought it was the truth"...I had a similar experience, it's amazing how tightly we will grip on to an outdated belief system because of fear and pain, we'll go to great extremes to denounce any new information as demonic and false...

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

nope and nope.

Like a lot here i never really was that spiritual and got baptized for all the wrong reasons. And just as minimus said had the blinkers on thinking the new system would be here soon and make things all better.

Amazing how much better i feel now, choosing a life that i never in my wildest dreams would thought of following

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit