Did You Ever Think You'd No Longer Be A Witness?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did you ever dream that you'd be posting here too?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Nope!

• kls
    kls

I was never a good jw , i was told i was to wild which i was and is ,so i wasn't a good jw anyway.

As far as coming here was no biggy cause i was out of the cult for many years.

That's my story and i is sticking to it.

• JH
    JH

I knew that I was week in the JW religion. I was often sitting on the fence. I got baptized for life, but things change with time.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was never a "Model Witness"!

I just thought I would Marry Well like the rest of my family! Bare children raise them perfect and to think they are better than everyone and throw up to look better than everyone and have a better car than everyone etc etc etc. Pioneer because it was something I had to do and keep my mouth shut and smile! That's not Me!

I got out of the JW Teachings and my Family's!

Brooke

• minimus
    minimus

I think a lot of us kept the blinders on just waiting for that "new system" to come around the corner.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

When I first became a JW I thought I could never live up to their standards. Eventually I learned that they could not live up to mine. I knew for at least 10 years that I didn't want any part of a paradise filled with people like the JWs. I stayed because I believed the doctrine, and because I was married to a JW. But I had also decided that if I survived armageddon I'd probably shoot myself. Learning about the child abuse scandal made it impossible for me to stay with them any longer.

Walter

• minimus
    minimus

Most of us stay in until we just can't take it anymore. It builds up within us. Then we implode!

• jula71
    jula71

Nope..many of us are raised fearing "apostates"

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

At one time I couldn't imagine feeling the way I do today about "the troof". Now I see the demons on their side...life is crazy, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit