Did You Ever Think You'd No Longer Be A Witness?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

wanderlust guy...

...watchout for those demons....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Absolutely not.

For the biggest time I was a very sincere dub. OK I wavered and got down once in every few years, and the pressures of life sometimes tempted me to do wrong just to make some changes in my life, but I always saw myself as coming back, even if I had had to leave for a while.

After all, we had the truth, right? We really knew what the future holds and the only way to serve god and get salvation. Who would be such a fool as to leave all that??

I guess I was easily led

• Jez
    Jez

Nope, only fantasied about it.

Jez

• xjwms
    xjwms

NOPE

But I am

• vitty
    vitty

I was terrified of not being a witness. Some time ago at an assemble the DO said" next year 50 of you, wont be here" I was so scared cos I knew something was amiss but I still thought it was the truth

I remember praying "please dont let it be me"

Tough shit it was!!!!

• Krystal
    Krystal

I was a model witness in a model family.

I NEVER thought I would be here... not in a million years...

-Kristy

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Nope, but it I'm glad I'm here, aren't you?

Dismembered

"They": believe they're gliding down the highway,

when in fact they're slip-sliding away.

• jwbot
    jwbot

To be honest....even as a child I would say to my parents "yeah maybe I will go to Bethel one day!" but I knew inside that I was saying that to make them happy...I fantasized about being "worldly" and going to college, being successful, celebrating holidays even! I just knew even as a little girl (especially as a GIRL) that I could not be myself or happy if I stayed a JW. I knew that once I moved away I was OUT! I started to not believe in God as a young child to. I remember asking my parents "but how do you KNOW there is a God?" trying to get them to prove it to me!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

When the 1995 debacle ('new light') about the 1914 generation, I knew that was the beginning of the end for me in the WTBTS.

When I found this website, I knew the final end was fast approaching.

Any day now I'll muster up the courage to have it end for good between me and the WTBTS.

DY

• prophecor
    prophecor

My only dream was always the nightmare that one day I would not. Thank goodness that's all it was. Happier out than in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit