Salvation Discussion

by Shawn 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Shawn,

You say you already know Jesus, how can that be possible?? How do you even know if he really existed or not?? I think he is just a myth,, so How can you know a myth??? A myth is not real is it?

• kj
    kj
    In the meantime, you have the wonderful task of learning patience while you persevere.

That is FOR SURE! If you are not a patient person, dealing with JWs will either make you or break you. I'm convinced that is why God has put so many in my path, and has let me bang my head against the wall trying to reason with them. I'm NOT a very patient person, but I'm learining...

kj

• bebu
    bebu
    I think he is just a myth,, so How can you know a myth??? A myth is not real is it?

Probably because Shawn doesn't think he is a myth?

bebu

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Bebu,

Shawn is lying if he says he knows Jesus, or atleast he has decieved himself into thinking he knows Jesus.

• gumby
    gumby

Can you experience "Eternal Life"?

Can you give me one reason to believe you can other than what men have said about it?

Gumby

• bebu
    bebu

Gumby,

Was that question a suggestion for Shawn to ask his friend, or is that a question you are asking Shawn?

bebu

• Shawn
    Shawn

bebu, I understand what you are saying. I am without a doubt learning patience and I think that is also a lesson for me. I am prepared to love her regardless, I always will. She deserves better though.

Brummie, I have complete belief in Jesus as a perfect being and in Jehovah as his creator. Endure till the end? What end? If I endure till the end do I get "Eternal Life"? Please explain to me.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Shawn is lying if he says he knows Jesus, or atleast he has decieved himself into thinking he knows Jesus.

This is a common perception but since there is no way to prove either him or you wrong one cannot say that he doe or doesnt know Christ. I believe he does you believe he doesnt and thats ok either way. His experience is subjective to scrutiny and critisism but it is his experience and personal to him.

I can say confidently that I know Christ too, I am not a footstep follower but I know him. This is not a claim to exclusiveness since it is an "knowing" that has been shared by millions through the ages. It cant always be intelectualised or defined in an "abc" way. To the person who believes they have come to know christ, it would be lying for them to say they havent come to know him. For those who think such a person is deluded, then it would be wrong for them to pretend that they dont believe the person to be deluded. Neither really has to prove their point, infact, neither can.

Brummie

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Brummie, I have complete belief in Jesus as a perfect being and in Jehovah as his creator. Endure till the end?

Yes, what you believe today does not mean you will live accordingly to those beliefs for the next how many years. You may grow cold or become luke warm. Disobedience in this system of things can cause you to lose the way to eternal life. In the JW view, Jesus opened the way up for people of all nations to have the "prospect" of eternal life. The notion "I'm saved" is not a Biblical one but one that comes from Christendom = babylon the great. The Bible says "He that endures to the end is the one that will be saved". "Will be" is future tense, it is not a present reality.

What end? If I endure till the end do I get "Eternal Life"? Please explain to me.

"Endurance" is an ongoing process that will not be completed until death or until armaggedon. At the end of the 1000 yrs reign your endurance will be "finalised" You will then be able to live forever in paradise on earth. JW belief dictates that for the vast majority of mankind, true eternal life will not be realised until after the 1000 yr reign when the debil has been cast into the abyss and all things are made new.

I guess this has been of great help ;) jk

• Shawn
    Shawn

So, you have been feeding me falsehoods? I was told that I would get "Eternal Life". I have been reading the Bible on my own and there are many time Jesus tells me I have "Eternal Life" but you tell me no. Is this real?I have done all you have asked of me, I have spread the word of the WTS and preached Jehovah's name and still it is not enough. You can't even tell me that if continue to live by the moral standards instilled in me by the Bible I will be given "Eternal Life"?

Can you at least prove to me that it is a possibility? Have you seen miracles done by the WTS on behalf of Jehovah? Have any sick been cured or wounded healed. Have you fed the poor or cared for the elderly? Have you housed the orphans or protected the innocent? I am sorry but I don't think I can continue this way anymore. There is no Love here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit