Salvation Discussion

by Shawn 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

This why you need to go slow with her. I doubt that she will push you away as long as you "act like 'an interested person' in becoming one of Jehovah's people". This is 'Theocratic Warfare' in reverse. Punch that term into the search engine on this site if you don't know what that means. No doubt that her need for 'friends' is playing a big part in 'why' she has chosen to return to the WT. It would be ok - at the proper time - to encourage her NOT to spill her guts to the elders. Explain to her that the guilt she is feeling needs to be kept between herself and Jehovah, and there is no need to share any of it with any human. Even though official WT doctrine says that Jesus is NOT the mediator of the 'great crowd', most JW's do not realize this. Tell her to confess her sins to Jehovah only. He is the one to forgive her, not the elders. Even if her JW friends shun her, this can also be used to help her see the difference in having true friends vs false friends. NewLight2

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Another point worth mentioning:

JW's pray ONLY to JEHOVAH, not Jesus. They begin the prayer,

Dear Jehovah,

and end by saying

In Jesus Name amen.

JW's are forbidden to pray directly to Jesus.

NewLight2

• Shawn
    Shawn

I agree with you as far as confessing to Jehovah, I am wondering though if maybe the DFing will be what she needs to get out. I know it is a horrible thing to say or think but God works in mysterious ways and maybe that will be the one. I understand that in Theocratic Warfare the purpose of DFing is to make one a better JW. Has anyone had a sucessfull ministry with a JW that was DF'd? Is it better that they be "in good standing"?

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

I do not know the answer to your question re: df'd vs 'in good standing'. But being df'd is painful for a believing JW. I would say that the not being df'd is the better choice.

NewLight2

• Brummie
    Brummie

Shawn,Taking in knowledge is a process that leads to eternal life. Knowledge will lead to faith, but faith without works is dead, only he who doing the will of Jehovah will eventually inherit everlasting life.

The will of Jah is that we "go therefore and make desciples" Matt 28, by doing this we demonstrate that our faith is not dead. . Are you doing this? If so, you are asked to endure, only he that endures to the end is the one that will be saved. So, at the end (armageddon) you will be saved.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Oh, I only read the first page, I see you changed direction....

Trust me to jump in too late, I was always late for field service too.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

That's ok, Brummie. That was an excellant post on summerizing what Shawn was asking when he started the thread. I'm sure he will be able to make use of what you said.

NewLight2

• Shawn
    Shawn

Thanks Brummie-- I am doing my FS. I am filling in my card. I am still going to Meeting and Study. I have been baptized now and living my life as the WTS says I should. Do I have "Everlasting Life" now? I was told all I needed was knowledge of Jehovah and Jesus. Man this is not what I was told at the begining but the FDS says that I need more hours. Will goiing to Bethel grant me "Eternal Life"?

Brummie- I suggest reading the other posts too. Just so you have a better idea of what is going on. Thank you though. I was saddened by deviation the thread has taken.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I am doing my FS. I am filling in my card. I am still going to Meeting and Study. I have been baptized now and living my life as the WTS says I should. Do I have "Everlasting Life" now? I was told all I needed was knowledge of Jehovah and Jesus. Man this is not what I was told at the begining but the FDS says that I need more hours. Will goiing to Bethel grant me "Eternal Life"?

I'll have to read the thread when I get chance, just to answer your last question, theres just one more teensy weensy thing you have to do to be saved....you have endure to the end.

Brummie

• bebu
    bebu

Shawn, if you trust God, as you say, then you must realize that ANY situation that happens is not going to be beyond His reach. It could be a day, or week, year, or many years for her to "get it". In the meantime, you have the wonderful task of learning patience while you persevere. Love is the stuff that can make it happen. Be real, ready to accept her as she is in the meantime, and even be ready to accept her if she never "gets it". Love can make that happen, too.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit