Salvation Discussion

by Shawn 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kls
    kls

Jesus was the Arch Angel Micheal.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

shawn john 17:3 says to take in knowledge about Jehovah and his son Jesus. This is not just knowledge but accurate knowledge. If we have accurate knowledge then we can do as heb 5:9 says which is to obey christ for salvation.

• Shawn
    Shawn

So all I need is to know God and Christ and I can have "Eternal Life". Okay I know them. I really do!! So now I have "Eteral Life" right? This is going to be so cool. I mean if I have "Eternal Life" it can never be taken away right? "Eternal" or even "Everlasting" means I will always have it. Man you JWs have it easy. Why isn't every one one?

Okay, I am being a little bit of an ass about this but I am just having fun here on this board. Plus it will hopefully antagonize you a little. All in good fun. I wouldn't do that in actual practice though, rest assured.

• Shawn
    Shawn

IP_SEC, accurate knowledge is an oxymoron when applied to most JWs. Unfortunatly that is the truth. They cannot honestly preach accurate knowledge.

• kls
    kls

You have to do more then know God ,you must live by Gods rules and with the world in such turmoil ,it is hard for people to follow rightness.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    So all I need is to know God and Christ and I can have "Eternal Life". Okay I know them. I really do!!

First off shawn, just knowing isnt enough. After all the demons know them too and they shudder according to James 2:19. Knowing them gives us the basis for understanding what they want from us. Then as Heb 5:9 says we must obey if we want salvation

• Shawn
    Shawn

Well, so far I am not converted. I need you guys to try to convert me. So far I have "Eternal Life" because I know God and Jesus. So far so good. What else do I need if anything. If I die right now do I go to heaven?

• kls
    kls

Shawn ,are you living like God would want you to?

• Shawn
    Shawn

Okay, so I do what Jesus said and that was what? Love my neighbors and love Jesus right? It is done. I already love Jesus. My mom taught me when I was little and I went to Sunday school. You guys are just like other Christians then right?

Again, I am just having fun with the snyde comments. I know that antagonizing a JW will just shut them up and they will not hear anything.

• Shawn
    Shawn

kls, yes I am. I pray every night. I don't break any laws and I live a healthy life. I have beer every now and again but that is it. Sometimes I watch movies with nudity but only for a few minutes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit