Salvation Discussion

by Shawn 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shawn
    Shawn

I want to practice a thechnique that was shared with me today about opening the eyes/minds/hearts of JWs. I need someone to argue the way a JW would about the following question and I will reply and so on until the end. Thanks.

Can I experience "Eternal Life"?

• kls
    kls

A jw,,,,,You can have eternal live by becoming ones of Jehovah people .

Is this what you are asking ?

• Shawn
    Shawn

That's all I have to do? Where does the Bible say that?

I am playing the part of a potential convert with no knowledge of the JWs and only a slight knowledge of the Bible.

• kls
    kls

A jw,,,To get eternal life you have to follow Gods direction which is by living by his word, the Bible.

• Shawn
    Shawn

Seems a little vague. I'm already living by God's word I think. Where does it say in the Bible what I need to do for "Eternal Life"?

• kls
    kls

A jw ,how do you know you are living by Gods word? Just because you read the Bible does not mean you know how God want's you to live.

Man this is tuff to do.

• Shawn
    Shawn

Is there a passage that say "Eternal Life" is even avaiable?

• kls
    kls

The Bible is the passage and tell's all people to be like Jesus.

I haven't read a Bible in years so i am not going to be much help. I am using my jw husbands words.,,,,,,PS this is fun!

• Shawn
    Shawn

I thought that Jesus was just a man to you guys. That's what a friend told me. Wasn't he an angel or something?

• marsal
    marsal

To answer that question, a JW would quote John 17:3 from their NWT: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ".

I'm referring to Shawn's question "Is there a passage that says 'eternal life' is even available?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit