Salvation Discussion

by Shawn 99 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Elder Big Nosey here Shawn. I'd like to ask you a question if I may.
    (with Elder Bigger Nose listening in ) Do you still believe that the Governing Body is Jehovah's sole channel of communication?

• Shawn
    Shawn

Elder Big Nosey? Never heard of it. NL2 what is it?

I am not sure I do at this point. I need some kind of reassurance that I can have what I need and was told I can get. What is the point of believing if I cannot have "Eternal Life"? Any religion can offer me an uncertain afterlife. I was told JWs are true Christians and I know Jesus preached of "Eternal Life" in Heaven.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Shawn,

If you ever admit to not believing that the Governing Body (or FDS)is not Jehovah's sole method of communication on earth, you will be df'd for 'apososty'. Since your confession of 'unbelief' was made before 2 elders, the next step is to put you through a JC hearing and officialy
    DF you.

NewLight2

• Shawn
    Shawn

Well so far I have only expressed that to my "brother" who converted me. I am hoping that he can keep "in the fold". I truly want "Eternal Life".

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Brother Nosey:
    "Well, I'm sorry Shawn, since you do not believe in the FDS, and are now DF'd there is no way for you to have Eternal Life. You must first adjust your thinking, wait about one year, all the while attending all of the KH meetings while sitting in the back row. You will have to 'endure' the shunning from everyone at the hall. If after a year of this 'repentance' you may request a hearing for 're-instatement'. If we, the elders, feel that you are repentant enough, we will grant you your re-instatment request."

" OH, and about your sharing your doubts with another brother in the hall, we will be 'talking' to him to see if his beliefs need a 'little adjusting' also. He just may find himself dF'd too!"

• greendawn
    greendawn

"Have you seen miracles done by the WTS on behalf of Jehovah? Have any sick been cured or wounded healed. Have you fed the poor or cared for the elderly? Have you housed the orphans or protected the innocent? I am sorry but I don't think I can continue this way anymore. There is no Love here" Shawn I think you?ve realised at long last that the WTS is a big con there is certainly no love in them and that gives their game away. These people have nothing to do with eternal life and it?s pointless trying to understand the things about it let alone obtain it through them. Better see them as they really are, a big publishing business and the GB and whoever else is behind them belong to the big business class and not to Christ. Their mind is on how to make profit rather than help widows and orphans, how to receive and not how to give. That?s also why you have a totalitarian style of rule here and all dissenters are immediately expelled.

• Shawn
    Shawn

Well, this was an excerise in futility. The end result is that JWs have no true offer of salvation and lie to people with false promises. I couldn't even get the argument into the 1000 year period and the scariest things happen after that. Oh well, all you JWs that might be reading this...I LOVE YOU!! It's hard to believe but it is true. It is not really your fault you are where you are. One day you will find the real Truth and you will be better for it. You are where you are for a reason. You have something to learn. All I ask is that you hurry up and come join your real family. We are waiting for you.

• Shawn
    Shawn

Well, this was an excerise in futility. The end result is that JWs have no true offer of salvation and lie to people with false promises. I couldn't even get the argument into the 1000 year period and the scariest things happen after that. Oh well, all you JWs that might be reading this...I LOVE YOU!! It's hard to believe but it is true. It is not really your fault you are where you are. One day you will find the real Truth and you will be better for it. You are where you are for a reason. You have something to learn. All I ask is that you hurry up and come join your real family. We are waiting for you.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

"Well, this was an excerise in futility. The end result is that JWs have no true offer of salvation and lie to people with false promises." - - Shawn

I would say that the thread was a success! You learned some of the ways that JW's think. You also learned (I hope) that this approach will not work with the active JW. The reason is that the posters on this thread DID answer your question, but you just did not accept the answers that they presented to you. This would make an active JW feel very frustrated, as they feel that they DO have all of the right answers.

Again you have to let the JW 'think' he is teaching you, not you insisting on wanting to hear what you want to hear from them. When you do manage to back them into a corner, you have to let them 'save face' to you by accepting any answer that they give to you. But you can be confident that you have struck a 'bell in their brain' that will just keep ringing louder and louder. When they have enough of these 'tiny bells' ringing all at once, that is when they will begin to doubt and search out their own answers on the internet.

NewLight2

• Shawn
    Shawn

That is kind of what I ment. I did not get to go the whole nine yards but I was show that they offer no "Eternal Life". You are right that that was the point. It seems that either you don't think about it or you are DFd. It is so sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit