Move on...

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

As I was taking my shower this morning I was musing about certain posts I had read the day before. The one about the tampons just tickled me to no end. Crazy stuff people will do to enforce whatever crazy ideas they have about human sexuality. How sexual can anyone be about a tampon?! I know I know there may be a few crazies with tampon sexual fixations, but cmon.

Anywhoo, I also mused on some comments that I had read in that topic and a few others. These were topics that were about certain difficulties that some here have gone through with the jdubs. I believe that these are valid experiences and that if some wish to bring them here to purge themselves, to make themselves feel better, not crazy, not alone (cuz some out there may have gone through something similiar), to get some sympathy, to get some hugs, to just feel normal (dammit!!) they should and have every right to do so. Getting back to the comments I was focusing on. Those comments are what I call the "Move On" comments.

Someone will relate their experience and sometimes or more than not, one of the replies will be along the lines of "maybe you need to not harp on the bad stuff and just move on". So I was thinking, what a load of crap! Do you always show your ass? Are you always this uncaring? Or is everyone's feelings of hurt vastly unimportant compared to your own? I hope to God none of the MoveOners are at the phone when a rape victim calls "you just got raped? you need to move on honey" You must be one who tells the holocaust victium who lost most of their family "Move On". Or tells the black community "yes we know about slavery but that was over a hundred years ago - move on". I could go on and on but you know what I'm saying.

In closing to my mini rant (I had so much more good stuff in the shower ) if you have a move on comment to make, know this, it's not helpful, it shows how uncaring you really are and might I just suggest that you just "Move On".

Josie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So tell us some more about this "good stuff in the shower"

Btw, I totally agree.
    Whilst it's probably not healthy to remain fixated on the past, we all travel at our own speeds and need to revisit some of the waystops.
    Aint life grand?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    we all travel at our own speeds and need to revisit some of the waystops

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I agree Josie and partcipating on this board for me, is part of the "moving on" process. Having a little whinge or sharing an emotional hurt after 16 years of remaining silent because I didn;t know anyone else who had expperienced it is a very healthy part of "moving on". So I shall continue "moving on" via this board and the very funny and caring majority of fellow-travellers here!

• alw
    alw

mrsjones5,i too like you think that some of these MOVEONERS, need to stop and think more seriously before making sweeping statements like move on.

ive noticed this site has a few of these.someone posts a traumatic experience, (at least in their mind)and someone else posts,something like "forget it move on".

this reminds me of a situation in a cong i was attending some years ago. a sister was having trouble attending meetings,she had young children to look after, and when she did attend a meeting,she was often seen at the rear of hall crying her eyes out.

enter the loving shepherd with words of wisdom,empathy,and oozing with love. he said to her you need to get to meetings regularly, get out on field service regularly,study more, and even better still,pioneer!stop moping about and get on!

the sister about a week later attempted suicide,fortunately, she was saved.we all found out later she had been depressed for a long time and was having problems with her marriage.

my point is most of us are not quallified to give advice and sometimes opinions on serious subjects,we may however offer our help but i think it unwise to tell anyone who is going through a traumatic experience to "move on".

looking forward to your next thoughts from your morning shower,ha!

mr.alw

• alw
    alw

just thought of another occasion, confession time for me, please dont be too hard on me.

when i was a m.s. an elder took me under his wing so to speak and was teaching me the meaning of the ministry.each sat after f.s. we would do "sheperding calls". each week we would think of a witness that we thought we could help spiritually speaking, so this week we visited a certain older sis,who had a reputation for the drama queens so to speak.for about an hour we heard of all her pains,aches and creaks.she just went on and on,and on.

when we left we discussed her ailments and decided she was putting it on a bit.

3 weeks later she died of a heart attack, i felt so sick that i didnt take her seriously,i was upset for a long time.we did advise her to go to doctors etc which she did but they never found it. i had a lot of love for that old sis, and i still think about my bad attitude not taking her serious,so anyone who says to just move on, i agree with mrsjones5 they are the ones to move on.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I am sorry but....

Or tells the black community "yes we know about slavery but that was over a hundred years ago - move on".

this sentence did hook me.

The Dutch were in the slave trade few hundred years ago.

One of the black members in our congregation accused us for that fact. But in my opinion, I - personally - am not responsible. My folks in those days were hard working nearly starving from hungry people. This man obviously was fairly doing: beautifull house and so on...

So, his ancestors were forced to work and live in Suriname... that was a bad thing for them. But NOT for their ofspring.... He in particular is doing much better then his far-away relatives who weren't forced out of their homes.

I think that holding a grudge to us today, can be done off with : move on. (or go back to Africa, when you think you belong there cos that is your heritage)

• lilbit
    lilbit
    a sister was having trouble attending meetings,she had young children to look after, and when she did attend a meeting,she was often seen at the rear of hall crying her eyes out. enter the loving shepherd with words of wisdom,empathy,and oozing with love. he said to her you need to get to meetings regularly, get out on field service regularly,study more, and even better still,pioneer!stop moping about and get on!

Its things like that people need to heal from. The its all in your head do more do more attitude of the dubs. I hope the moveoners read this thread and realize they are doing more harm than good

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i know you think

by now it should

be all behind

how dare you

presume to think

you know my mind

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I think some people need to move on and some should re think about issues. Whatever works I say.

Ok, Now I am not racist at ALL! I think what was done was horrible to the African American slaves and the African Americans even today(I don't know if some people take offense to anything so I am trying to PC) But, let us not forget Every Race has their own issues. Everyone had some prejudices against them! Doesn't have to be Race!

However, the first slaves were White and they were African American! White African American where the first slaves. They were a part of the Pygmy Tribe era. Much like Hmong(asian) population. This Hmong race was actually White pale skin and blonde hair and Blue eyes(cannot remember the time period I am thinking 13 or 1400's). Laos, Vietnam being so close to China they mixed but with the will of there people in time they developed the Asian back round.

I feel bad for those who can't move on. I hope everyone heals from all their problems

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit