Move on...

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw experiences

• minimus
    minimus

"Minimus" type questions and comments are usually for those that still need healing. That's why I try to not say (or feel) that people should forget their JW past. We should never want to go back to the vomit.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My, I see people have different opinions about what "Move On" means, which is a good thing. Thank you for your responses one and all. I would hate to live in a world where everyone thought the same.

In relation to the following post:

I am sorry but....
    Or tells the black community "yes we know about slavery but that was over a hundred years ago - move on".

this sentence did hook me.

The Dutch were in the slave trade few hundred years ago.

One of the black members in our congregation accused us for that fact. But in my opinion, I - personally - am not responsible. My folks in those days were hard working nearly starving from hungry people. This man obviously was fairly doing: beautifull house and so on...

So, his ancestors were forced to work and live in Suriname... that was a bad thing for them. But NOT for their ofspring.... He in particular is doing much better then his far-away relatives who weren't forced out of their homes.

I think that holding a grudge to us today, can be done off with : move on. (or go back to Africa, when you think you belong there cos that is your heritage)

My, whatever that man said to you really got to you huh? Best thing about it is he got you to think. Worst thing about it is your reaction to my post, in which you're showing a bit of your xenophobic side and a tad bit of racism. My comment about some people's reaction to Black Slavery in AMERICA (historically speaking) was an example, nothing more.

But that comment shows a side of yourself Country Woman that I didnt want to see nor would ever like to again.

Josie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

People have different opinions....some may be taken wrong.

Country Woman said nothing racist at all.....IN MY OPINION!

You bring that up in a topic you have to own it. People may think differently just because they do or say something YOU may or may not like it doesn't mean the are a racist or its racism. Its called being honest with ones self. It's a statement or opinion if you will. World would be boring if it thoughts, ideas, people, race, clothes etc etc etc.... were the same!

Brooke

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

In my opinion it was. For you to take it personally that's another matter.

Josie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    But that comment shows a side of your self Country Woman that I didnt want to see nor would ever like to again.

Josie

You may be dealing with a misunderstanding, Josie. There is a slight language barrier here and I can see where a lot of different things could have been read into her statements. I believed that she was just saying that she didn't like someone who didn't know her telling her how evil she was for something she did not do. I heard frustration at being misjudged, not bigotry...

J

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

In MY OPINION I think you took it personally!

Brooke

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

no I didnt I called what I saw. well scratch that I take racism towards any human personally, so what's your point?

Josie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I said in MY OPINION!

Opinion means: the view somebody takes about a certain issue, especially when it is based solely on personal judgment!

So in MY OPINION I think you have taken it personally.....If you don't think you did...then good for you. However, MY OPINION I still think you took it personally!

Brooke

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Brooke honey, I know youre trying but the damage has already been done and I stand by my opinion.

Josie - not mad at ya

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well whatever it is no point in talking to you about it. Taking all racism personally as you said means you don't have a open mind about it. It could just be in your head or in mine! Maybe a misunderstanding!

Racism is nothing to play around with! You obviously have issues about it which you have your right to feel anyway you like. People have different ideas thoughts and stories doesn't mean they are racist.

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit