Move on...

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw experiences

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well you are judging her as a Racist!

Racist is someone who racially prejudiced! You are pre Judging her!

Don't Contradict yourself!

Brooke

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

No need to set up a ring!

I am just giving my thoughts and ideas and OPINIONS here. I guess I can't have one!

I am one to get 2 sides of the story! Some are not willing and want to judge on what they might think even if it is wrong!

Brooke

• minimus
    minimus

Brooke, don't be so racist, ok?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm too old and far removed to be offended. Now if that had been said to my actually face that would be different. I was just stating an opinion on a response that I didn't care for. Brooke seems to think that I dont have that right - sorry Brook, but I do and there aint a damn thing you can do about it

Josie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

That's Fine Josie if you didn't care for it! Don't pre judge her for being a racist! She may not be one.

Like you say about Put Downs. It gets you no where. Truth and both sides of the story DO!

Brooke

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i think its 'assume' that makes an ass out of you and me..are we not getting off the point here...i read country womans post and thought it was a bit suspect at first and then re read taking into account the language difference and i translated it differently...and i dont think it was racist..im not sure that any ex witness whatever they do end up going 'back' to ends up being racist..it is one of the things about jws that most would agree has been a positive...but i also dont think that anyone has the right to assume that someone said something and when that person says no they didnt mean that..to hold on to the belief that they did..if they say they didnt mean it then we have to accept that the misunderstanding was in fact ours...

maybe its time to move on.....just from this particular difference between us

happy are the peacemakers

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

LOL...There you go again Pre Judging!

You have all the right in the world to think whatever you like. I am saying maybe if you asked her ..is she was being Racist with that comment. Then you would get your truth. Isn't it better knowing and assuming Josie?

That's all I am saying don't call or "Put Down" anyone with that Statement of calling someone a racist when it may not be True!

Brooke

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Tijkmo is right....I am Moving On! I don't think my point is understood so I am moving on. I am not here to bash and point fingers.

Brooke

• betty boop
    betty boop

Well i understand both accounts. Josie didnt say Country Woman was racist. She said that comment sounded a bit racist, and i agree with that. However i understand what Brooke meant about pre-judging, but i dont think anyone was judging anyone here. It was the way it sounded is all. She shouldve worded it more carefully

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

IMHO - It's racist to hold someone accountable for something done by his/her ancestors. Personally, that's what Country Girl was trying to get accross.

IMHO - It's also racist to tell people who feel Africa is there heritage to just go back there (don't quote me here cause I'm just going off memory of the post). Personally, that's what I would have taken offense to in Country GirlCountry_Woman's post.

I get where she was coming from and at the same time I think it could have been stated more tactfully.

I say smooches to everyone !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit