Move on...

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

aw we need you....to get some more jello!

Josie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Viv:I think I'm licking this far too much

Hehehhe, there is no such thing as "licking too much" Or did ya mean liking?

Off to bed for me, work awaits in the morning ....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

mrs jones...whatever you got planned for tomorrow

STAY OUT THE FREAKIN SHOWER

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

no can do - gotta get in there before the baby wakes up and if I dont get my shower I wont get it til later in the evening. but actually the shower had nothing to do with what was said before. anyway no one died, we have all kissed and made up and things have been clarified. what is life without controversy? boring and dull. I would rather live in a world made up of people who see and say things differently, and have different opinions, anything else that requires that i cant speak my mind about what i think happened - just shoot me now.

Josie ~ I'm big enuff to take it (no really i'm not kidding I'm big enough to take it in more ways than one)

• lilbit
    lilbit

Damn I get up to clean the house and come back to find i missed a jello fight

*pouting*

lil

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

(no really i'm not kidding I'm big enough to take it in more ways than one)

????

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

just what i said

Look the issue i took issue with was what Country Woman said in her post. now to clarify my background, I am a Black American Woman, all 6' and 220 lbs pounds of me.

my people in this country had to survive over 400 hundred years of slavery, jim crow laws, segregation, fighting for voting rights, the KKK, and other niceities.

even now my husband (who looks like a nerd) has been pulled over and harassed by cops numerous times just because they thought he looked like he could possibly be up to something. My husband doesnt drink, smoke, or do drugs.

In this country white people have told black people that if we dont like the way we are treated here we can go back to Africa. I admit it when CW said that in my post it pushed my button. and i called it like my experience saw it. CW clarified herself and I thanked her and told her i appreciated it.

i take back nothing. i dont need to. i honestly called it and that is that. in no way short of being rude will i censor myself here, especially when it comes to something i know about intimately.

Got it?

Josie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

oh no i was just being 14 again

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    even now my husband (who looks like a nerd) has been pulled over and harassed by cops numerous times just because they thought he looked like he could possibly be up to something. My husband doesnt drink, smoke, or do drugs.

Just the other day my husband and I were turning at a red light and I looked down the street to see a young African American teenager walking along the sidewalk. He was approaching a police car, which happened to be parked in such a way that it would block his way to go any further unless he walked out into the street to get around the vehicle. I asked my husband, "Honey, if you were that young man being black and walking down the road toward a police car would you be stressed as you approached the police officer? Would you wonder if the police officer was going to give you trouble for nothing?" It was wierd to try to put myself in that young man's shoes for a moment and to think I would be stressed if I were him. I would be stressed if he were my son and I were his mom wanting to protect him from prejudice. It is sad that we live in a world where racism is still a reality. I just hate to think that some people might think I am ignorant enough to believe that we don't all bleed the same color .

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well....I hate the fact that it does happen!

I have been in their shoes to a point....I have been pulled over cursed at padded down on the hood of my car just for driving with Black People! I understand to a point. Will I ever completely understand.....I don't know. I think all prejudice is the same the same hate the same feelings. Just don't point out the African American Race there are others that are judged today. It doesn't matter for how long. It's a battle that makes no sense from the beginning!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit