Oh May We Ever Live Up To Our Chosen Name!

by Englishman 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

My parents gave me mine...

Is that boring?

• TR
    TR

Nuttin' special here, just my initials. My email is "rockdad". I rock, and I'm my kid's dad.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Angharad
    Angharad

I'm as boring as my hubby - couldn't think of anything witty so used my own name

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Well Englaize;

HoChiMin started out as a joke an it still is. I guess it could be loosely based on Hochiminh the commie but it's not. I'm not Asian but do like Asian women and figure that name might attract some. Hahahahahaha

HCM

• Tina
    Tina

Tina is just the nn for my given name Valentina. I did start out as Happyrunaway long time ago tho..........TotallyTina

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Well, I started out as OrangeBlossom but in the chat room I would shorten it to OB and had a lot of tampon jokes thrown at me. I chose OrangeBlossom because:
    1) I wanted and still want to keep my true identity hidden
    2) I'm from Florida, the Sunshine State, and when the orange blossoms are in blooms, they smell wonderful.

However, decided to change the name and the only thing I could come up with was TweetieBird (I wish I had picked Tweety) because I love the cartoon character and I had just gotten a couple of birds.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

I'm Mommie Dark because I'm married to Papa Dark, and everyone knows good submissive wives take hubby's name.

I spelled it with the 'ie' just to confuse any tittlejotters, and because it's a name not a title, duh.

The name does not refer to lifestyle, , or viewpoint, or spiritual ANYTHING. It may have something to with pigment, but what? Your imagination always furnishes richer reply than prosaic fact. We love being generic dark folk for this reason.

• Lindy
    Lindy

Nothing exciting in my names chosen. Originally I was Antique on H2O. I love antiques and a dear friend of mine used to refer to me being one because I was a couple of years older than him. So I thought it would be "me". It ran it's course and I noticed a lot of comments from jerks that posted me, that couldn't find anything else to say to me, would refer to my "Antique" statis and start telling me to get into my rocking chair and shut up, stuff like that. For some reason, with that name "Antique," many thought I was a guy. The name got to be old hat but since I was there so long I kept the name. COMF started to call me "Auntie" and so I used that in my signatures. Some here still call me "Auntie," not that I mind, so maybe I should have chosen that when I arrived here.
    But since I don't care a whole lot if I am "exposed" or not at this time, I chose "Lindy" because it is a nick for my real name Linda. I talked fairly free about my lifes experiences here and when I was on H2O, so if you really want to know who I am in "real" life you can figure it out easily if you know me. If the Elders and the like are really out here looking for ones to expose on these boards, they must be thinking I am not worth the effort and would not be an example to anyone.
    Thanks for starting this thread, I have often wondered why certain persons have used the names that they have.

Lindy

• joelbear
    joelbear

I chose Joelbear way back in 1993 when I first signed onto AOL. My given name is Joel and Bear refers to the fact that I belong to a homosexual subculture of big hairy masculine men that are sexually attracted to big hairy masculine men.

I use the same name everywhere I go online because I want people who see me in one place to recognize me in other places.

hugs

Joel

• Seeker
    Seeker

Was a spur of the moment decision when I made my first post on H2O. I went to post my message and saw this text box staring me in the face asking for my handle. I had no idea, so I went with the first thing that came to my head, that I was seeking knowledge and truth.

Still am.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit