Oh May We Ever Live Up To Our Chosen Name!

by Englishman 75 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

zev
    comes from a t.v. show on sci-fi, called "LEXX" a cable station here in the states. she is a remarkable woman, part cluster lizard, part human. and she looks very nice. you may check out the show online at http://www.scifi.com/lexx

__
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

bitter mango...wrote it in a poem once and it just stuck with me.

~contradictions~
    suddenly i'm beautiful
    cool breath
    warm drinks
    it's sunday night
    no, monday morning
    i really should leave
    don't let me go
    a heavenly sin...
    but i thought you were gay?
    eating bitter mangos
    for breakfast.
    a sober hangover
    when you wisper
    in my mouth
    your boyfriend
    will be home soon.
    (c)2001 bea z.

*a poem about a girl having an evening affair with a gay boy (in case you didn't get it)*

life is but a dream...

• Not Perfect
    Not Perfect

Hi All,

Love your "chosen names". I used to use Alley Cat, but I have
    come to shed my jw thinking and know that I am really Not Perfect and
    Never will be.

Not Perfect

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Well, I chose Billygoat basically because it was a name my parents (lovingly at the time) gave to me because of my stubborness and natural curiosity. I was a rather willful child and my dad encouraged me to think for myself and ask lots of questions. He doesn't like to call me that anymore because of that scripture that talks about the "separation of the sheep and the goats". It seems that the stubborness and curiosity he so loved and encouraged seemed to bite him in the butt.

Billygoat

• Princess
    Princess

Hi all, I chose princess for several reasons. I am the only girl in a family of three boys. My three year old daughter is obsessed with all of the Disney princesses and we regularly watch all the videos and read princess story books. When I finally started posting we had just returned from a vacation at Disneyland where my daughter had to meet all the princesses. Just had Princess on the brain!

Princess

"...and they lived happily ever after."

• Faithful_58
    Faithful_58

Hello Englishman , well here is my explanation...

Faithful is what I will always be, no-matter what life throws at me.
    Through my life GOD has always been by my side, even when I was a horrible child.
    He waited for me patiently until I realized what he ment to me.
    And now that I have found him to be near, I will always have that GODLY fear, to listen to that still small voice that tells me to make a rightous choice.

And so I choose this word that describes me perfectly, one that will always be on my mind and remind me, to be Faithful...

Because he will always be there forever, waiting....

• larc
    larc

Hi,

My real name is Carl, but I don't want any of you to tell anyone else because I don't want to receive a sheperding call. When I first came here in December of last year, I started out on a joke thread. I thought the handle was fitting. Also, I like the name Larc cause in real life I like to joke around.

I also use the handle when I play trivia on NTN - National Trivial Network. It can be found at some national and regional restaurant chains, like Damon's and BW3', as well as local places. If you play it, you will notice that BW3 Dayton is often in the top 20 scores, on Saturday afternoons, out about 3000 places that play the game. That is because some really sharp people work together as a team and share answers. If you don't see the name, you will see Cadillac Jacks - Kettering. Sometimes they play there.

I think I just told you more than you wanted to know.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I bet you didn't know I have two older brothers!

I have given up enough personal information that anyone who knew in my dubya days will know who I am.

Thirdson - Because

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Faithful_58
    Faithful_58

Sorry guys, I didn't realize that I was rhyming again..
    I definately need to get away from these kids and those darn DR.Seuz books...
    Just pretent you didn't read it OK... :o)

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Cool nics, cool stories all.
    My nic is because I work in a strip club a bit as a DJ. I often help the barmaids out by getting cases or draft kegs of beer.
    On H2O I used the nic Humanfactor, something I truly feel the BORG cares little about.
    In my favorite chatrooms, I use the nic GrooveRiderY2G because I STILL use vinyl records at times when I DJ. Some, mostly women, think it is a nasty connotation, LoL

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit