Your Most DREADED Dub Word

by GetBusyLiving 134 Replies latest social current

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

EXEMPLARY

Going to work everyday,taking care of a household,reading the bible,going to meetings,reading at the bookstudy,getting an average of 5 hours of FS is not an example of an exemplary christian.

All of the above with 10 hours of FS is! Yeah right,ok...sorry.

Never been exemplary since I learned that one,6 years and counting.

• loosie
    loosie

Debased

as in debased music. what does that mean music that is off base?!?!

• evita
    evita

Stumble - We wouldn't want to be seen coming out of an R rated movie because we might stumble a "weaker one" Bad association spoils useful habits - the only scripture I remember ha ha Faithful and Discreet Slave - Sounded very secretive... The ministry - UGH I think I have to go lie down now!

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

This one is kind of Bethel specific-

Morning Worship!!!

What happened to morning sleep?

• Daunt
    Daunt

DISFELLOWSHIPPED GAHHH!!! Another one that really ticks me is, "This system of things" Never got whats so wrong with things.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

greater as in "greater fulfillment" or "jesus, the greater adam/moses/joshua/jeremiah whatever"

and as already mentioned, upbuilding is a huge one too... i heard that from my sister a while ago: "if you talk like that we better don't talk anymore, this is not very upbuilding, you know?" then she left... still is talking to me though, like everyone else, but she'll pull that out again when i "talk like that" again :-)

as for all the weaker vessel, husbandly owner, male headship and the other chauvinist crap from the bible, i always wondered what the sisters would think when hearing those things form the stage, or worse, "explain it to the householder" in the TMS.

ah yeah, householder is another dubalistic word. in german we use "Wohnungsinhaber", what a great word.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

yeah, also took me years to understand "system of things". why don't the just use "world" like everyone else.

another one that sounds horrible is "jehovah of hosts". when i read that i always think it's good they replaced jehovah with god, "god of the hosts" makes much more sense.

• steve2
    steve2

Humbly serve where the need is greater

Find sheeplike ones

Privilege as in, field service is a privilege. "Hey, Dad, it's okay, you can take this privilege away from me"

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

talesin.....surely it was....let other peoples conscience be your guide

• Honesty
    Honesty

Mature.. as in "He's always been such a mature brother"

Pillar... as in "that family is a pillar in the congregation"

I am going to throw up now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit