Are the Society planning a 'Pledge of Allegiance'? IT MAY BE TRUE!

by nicolaou 90 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This sounds like something those crack brain's would think of but never do!

If they did I think that it would come to a screeching halt in short order! How does 2.6 million remaining faithful sound to you guys? I would guess that at least 50% would refuse to sign when the time came! Thats a pretty heavy cut in donations and salesmen! This would be the equivient of the society commiting suicide! It's easy to stand there and say aye, yes, sure or even "f*ck no" when your at an assembly but to ask someone to actually sign a contract? I do think the GB is crazy, but like a fox not a fool!

Reminds me of when I was working as an electrician. The insurance company said that all employees had to take a drug test for a new policy to cover our work trucks. So one morning they sent out the mobile urine test bus to test everyone as they showed up for work! So all the guys were cornered and couldn't slip out or try to cheat (I took mine as I don't do drugs) after about 45 min of testing they had done 15 of us the boss comes out and tells them to hit the road he'll find another company! We found out later that of the 15 so far tested 10 had failed... (and I know that two of the "passes" had given another employee $50 each to sell them some urine in a condom that they could pretend was theirs)This seems to be the same situation... Never ever put your people in a situation where they can't back out gracefully or at least go get some testpure cause you'll always loose! Always leave a loophole somewhere!

• minimus
    minimus

Ray Franz talked about the idea certain ones had about taking a loyalty oath. It was not carried out.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Bring it.

Sherry

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Clean-up coming up! I could sense it... Darn!!!

DY

• mustang
    mustang

"Are the Society planning a 'Pledge of Allegiance'? IT MAY BE TRUE!"

they?ve already done it: check out the wording to your baptismal Vows, a la the early 80?s. If you didn?t leave before the 80?s, you "upgraded" your STANDARD CHRISTIAN BAPTISM to a PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO WTS/BROOKLYN.

This is why I will never attend another meeting or set foot in a KH: if I did, it could be claimed that I RATIFIED or accepted this hogwash. As it stands, my baptism is the old-fashioned CHRISTIAN baptism.

Once I realized this, I GOT AMNESIA and realized that I never was a JW.

Hell, I never answered or stood for the baptismal 200? exam. I don?t qualify and I would flunk.

What the hell is the FDS? What?s FS? What?s Memorial?

"The fact is that no one is as spiritually well fed as we are."

More utter hogwash. Anybody that has read or studied any biblical thoughts in the last decade knows that "scholarship is asleep"; that goes for Catholics, Protestants, JW?s or what-have-you, et al.

Mustang

• minimus
    minimus

This is an April Fool's Joke!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Wow!

It's been less than an hour - I did not expect this! It might be time to kill this thread very soon.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say "Sorry dudes."

This one really ran away from me.

http://www.thewatchtower.org/aprilfool.htm

• minimus
    minimus

I thought YOU would never do this type of thing! I might expect it from someone else...Not funny!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This would be a stroke of genius. It would probably give the Witnesses a net gain in members in the long run. But I don't think they have the guts to do it.

They are so concerned with public image nowadays.

Even the Watchtower lawyers and defenders would have a hard time putting a positive spin on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit