Are the Society planning a 'Pledge of Allegiance'? IT MAY BE TRUE!

by nicolaou 90 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover
    An ultimatum is being asked, "Do you believe that Jehovah is using the FDS as we know it today?" A simple yes or no decides your fate forever within the org.

That's true, but it's not being used en masse all at once. This ultimatum is used when it's already suspected that one has defected from the WTS. This way they can go ahead and cut their losses on this one individual and 'protect' the flock (read: keep divisive influences out). It barely makes a ripple on the pond of WTdom. But if you multiply that by thousands and thousands, the ripple becomes much larger and harder to ignore, not by just JWs and ex-JWs but by outsiders as well. That's the kind of publicity the WTS does not want or need.

• kls
    kls

Me personally ,i don't give a rats ass what they announce about me,if they want they can put up posters for a wanted devil dewer. Signature ? They couldn't even get close to me to get one.

MY PLEDGE IS THAT I WILL NEVER GET TRAPPED AGAIN.

• kls
    kls

NEVER MIND

• wiegel
    wiegel

...some things are just not nice...

will avoid this poster's postings post this post which nearly sent me postal..........amen

• Voyager
    Voyager

I think he is on to something here, because they have certainly talked along these lines before!

*************************************************************************************************************

Allegiance/Vow!

Watchtower/1996/March/15th/page-11/ page-11/ states, quote:

Regarding "loyalty" The Watchtower once stated: "Faithfulness, duty, love, obligation, allegiance. What do these words have in common? They are different facets of loyalty." Yes, ever so many virtues are but different facets of loyalty. It is indeed noteworthy how often loyalty and righteousness are linked in the Scriptures.

Helpful also are the following definitions: ?Loyalty may indicate a continuing, reliable faithfulness and allegiance, secure against wavering or temptation.? ?Loyalty implies faithfulness to one?s pledged word or continued allegiance to the institution or the principles to which one feels himself morally bound; the term suggests not only adherence but resistance to being lured and persuaded away from that adherence.?

*********************************************************************************************************

Watchtower/1985/Sept/15th/page-22/ states, quotes:

Allegiance

to God?s Kingdom

Prophetically, it was said of Jehovah?s Messianic King: "Your people will offer themselves willingly on the day of your military force. In the splendors of holiness, from the womb of the dawn, you have your company of young men just like dewdrops." (Psalm 110:3) This prophecy has been undergoing fulfillment since 1914, and those of the increasing "company of young men" realize that their first allegiance must be to God?s Kingdom with the glorified Jesus Christ as King. So while these dedicated men, including ministerial servants, are in relative subjection to governmental "superior authorities," in any conflict of interests they "must obey God as ruler rather than men." (Romans 13:1; Acts 5:29) As Jesus said, his followers are "no part of the world." (John 15:19; 18:36) They remain neutral as to the political affairs of the nations, realizing that doing otherwise would make them traitors to God?s Kingdom.

*********************************************************************************************************

Life?How Did It Get Here/Chapter/18/page-230/ states, quote:

A common allegiance to the Kingdom of God and faithful adherence to Bible principles is what unifies Jehovah?s Witnesses into a worldwide brotherhood.

Awake/1987/April/22nd/page-10/ states, quote:

. Even in the face of intense pressure to abandon their neutrality, the Witnesses have given their allegiance first to God?s Kingdom.

Watchtower/1997/August/1st/page-12/ states, quote:

True loyalty in the Biblical sense does not allow for our putting any allegiance ahead of our loyalty to Jehovah God.

*******************************************************************************************************

Watchtower/1952/Sept/15th/page-566/ states, quote:

They are loyal to the highest authorities in the universe, Jehovah and Christ Jesus, and faithfully adhere to the theocratic government, giving unswerving allegiance to it and to its King.

********************************************************************************************************

Watchtower/1980/Jan/15th/page-20/ states, quote:

Furthermore, God requires dedication and allegiance to him by his subjects. Jesus Christ presented himself to do God?s will, and he was baptized in symbol of this.

********************************************************************************************************

Watchtower/1967/Dec/1st/page-711/ states, quote:

Of course, for the dedicated one there is now no turning back. "Whenever you vow a vow to God, do not hesitate to pay it," is the inspired counsel, "for there is no delight in the stupid ones. What you vow, pay." (Eccl. 5:4) Jehovah takes no pleasure in those who go back on their word. That dedicated relationship to God must always be kept in mind.

Watchtower/1951/Feb/1st/page-76/ states, quote:

10 A person cannot become a Christian witness of Jehovah unless he takes a vow by which he fully devotes himself to God through Jesus Christ and so assumes superior duties. He acknowledges God as the Supreme Being and Fountain of life and the Provider of the way to eternal life.

Watchtower/1968/May/15th/page-307/ states, quote:

Regardless of how much longer he may live, or how much longer this wicked system of things may continue, the dedicated Christian must be firmly resolved in his heart to carry out his vow of dedication. No dedication to Jehovah is acceptable with a time stipulation attached.

Kingdom Ministry/1996/July/page-1/ states, quote:

We disowned ourselves and made serving Jehovah our primary pursuit in life. (Luke 9:23) Hence, we too must pay our vow day after day.

This sister touched two other lives in a positive way because of following through in fulfilling her vow day after day.

5 When we are motivated by a heart brimming with appreciation for all the good things Jehovah has done for us, fulfilling our dedication vow as best we can each day will bring us joy and satisfaction.

Watchtower/1952/May/15th/pages 317-318/ states, quote:

11 So after dedicating yourself in faith to God hold your word sacred, inviolable, untouchable by any change. Your vow to be his and do his will is forever binding. So, "be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thy heart be hasty to utter anything before God; for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou vowest. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.

Yearbook/1975/pages 51-53/ My Solemn Vow To God!

Would you like to hear the vow that was daily impressed on their minds? Entitled "My Solemn Vow to God," it goes like this:

"Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. May thy rule come into my heart more and more, and thy will be done in my mortal body. Relying on the assistance of thy promised grace to help in every time of need, through Jesus Christ our Lord, I register this Vow.

"Daily will I remember at the throne of heavenly grace the general interests of the harvest work, and particularly the share which I myself am privileged to enjoy in that work, and the dear co-laborers at the Brooklyn Bethel, and everywhere.

"I Vow to still more carefully, if possible, scrutinize my thoughts and words and doings, to the intent that I may be the better enabled to serve thee, and thy dear flock.

"I Vow to thee that I will be on the alert to resist everything akin to Spiritism and Occultism, and that, remembering that there are but the two masters, I shall resist these snares in all reasonable ways, as being of the Adversary.

"I further Vow that, with the exceptions below, I will at all times and at all places, conduct myself toward those of the opposite sex in private exactly as I would do with them in public?in the presence of a congregation of the Lord?s people, and so far as reasonably possible I will avoid being in the same room with any of the opposite sex alone, unless the door to the room stand wide open:?In the case of a brother?wife, children, mother and sisters excepted. In the case of a sister?husband, children, father and brothers excepted."

Recitation of this vow was later discontinued among God?s people at Bethel and elsewhere. Yet, the high principles embodied in its words are still sound.

About three blocks from Bethel was the Brooklyn Tabernacle, a quaint old red-brick structure consisting of two floors and a basement. It housed the Society?s general offices, the composing room, where type was set for The Watch Tower, a stock room and also a shipping room. On the second floor was an auditorium with seating for 800. Here Brother Russell regularly spoke.

For a time the Society?s headquarters staff was housed largely at 124 Columbia Heights. Later, the adjoining building at 122 Columbia Heights was purchased, enlarging the Bethel home. The year 1911 saw the completion of a rear addition extending nine floors down a precipice to Furman Street. It provided much more space for living quarters and other facilities, including a new dining room. To hold title to such properties, in 1909 Jehovah?s servants formed the People?s Pulpit Association, now known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Incorporated. It and other corporations formed by God?s people in various lands all cooperate with one another and with the governing body of Jehovah?s witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie

When I was baptized back in the 60's there was a book (with the baptism questions) called the "Lamp" book. There is a page in there that you sign along with the PO attesting to your now bing a baptized JW.

I understand that the new OD book has a similar page. Is that true?

I was told in the 60's that that page was legally recognizing my status as a baptized JW...which was fairly important if you were a male JW and trying to avoid the draft.

Who would have thought that the WTS would no longer requested money for the publications (1990 in the US)

or

That magazine subscriptions would be phased out

or

That the 1914 generation that would live till the GT would evaporate?

I doubt that the WTS will make a baptism legally binding on the rank and file because it goes both ways; then the rank and file might have more power to sue the WTS.

Joke or not, it is something to think about. I can see elders coming the doors of inactive JWs making them make some statement of loyalty to the organization.

Blondie

• Preston
    Preston

HA, this is as stupid as an ex boyfriend / girlfriend showing up to your house and asking for a written statement that you don't want to see them anymore...

As Simon and Angharad like to say "Bollocks!"

- Preston

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I understand that the new OD book has a similar page. Is that true?

I never got to look around in it for a long time as I 'borrowed' it, but from what I can see there is nothing like that. Hopefully someone in the org. w/the book will post, it would be interesting to find out for sure.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Gee, that was fun. I really enjoy wasting my time on assinine school-boy pranks.

I don't mean to offend anyone, and Nic, I enjoy your posts, but I outgrew this a long time ago.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Now the WTS is reading this thread thinking, "Those dumbasses will fall for anything!!" Well.they just have to read all the conspiratorial nonsense regarding the new OM book to realize that any way.I approve nicolau!! Should have really waited til the first April though Mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit