Are the Society planning a 'Pledge of Allegiance'? IT MAY BE TRUE!

by nicolaou 90 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I've just learned from a trusted contact at theWatchtower.org 'Norris', that the Society intend to put a resolution to the congregations shortly - though definately not at the 'Special Talk' meeting next month.

Here's the scary bit. This resolution needs to be responded to by all baptized Jehovah's Witnesses. We have not been able to get hold of the wording but have been informed it is intended to provide the brotherhood with the opportunity to affirm their loyalty to Jehovah and his organization. Sounds suspiciously like a 'clearout'.

It may be difficult to 'foil' this procedure as all will be notified in advance to be sure of attending the meeting, the Elders have been instructed to contact all irregular and inactive publishers in their territory. Norris was told that any who decline the invitation to attend the resolution would be informed that this would indicate their withdrawl from the Society.

We have even heard rumours that the resolution may require a signature! I am not inclined to believe this and if confronted with such a form would 'spoil' it in a blaze of apostate, coming-out glory!

However the situation unfolds it certainly seems clear that the Society are upping the ante for all those who wish to fade quietly. Let's see what happens, I'm sure all the pieces of this puzzle will manifest themselves shortly...

*** km 1/99 p. 1 Our Resolve?To Pursue Jehovah?s Way of Life ***

Our Resolve?To Pursue Jehovah?s Way of Life

1 A highlight of the "God?s Way of Life" Conventions was the resolution that was adopted in the concluding talk. It began with the declaration: "We . . . wholeheartedly agree that God?s way is the best way of life." Recall some high points of that resolution to which we said, "AYE!"

2 It is our resolve to remain clean before Jehovah, without spot from the world. We will continue to put God?s will first in our lives. Using his Word, the Bible, as our guide, we will not deviate to the right or to the left, thus confirming that God?s way is far superior to the way of the world.

3 The world in general disregards God?s way of life and reaps the consequences. (Jer. 10:23) We must therefore continue to be taught by our Grand Instructor, Jehovah, who says: "This is the way. Walk in it, you people." (Isa. 30:21) Jehovah?s way of life, as set forth in the Scriptures, is superior in every respect. In order to pursue that way, it is imperative that we take full advantage of all that Jehovah teaches us.

4 Jehovah?s Superior Teaching Program: Jehovah teaches us the real purpose of life and how to use our lives to the best advantage. He teaches us how to improve the quality of our lives mentally, morally, and spiritually. He teaches us how to live at peace with our brothers, our family, and our fellowman. He does this through his textbook, the Bible, and through his organization

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

why does this remind me of ww2 and hitler?

• minimus
    minimus

WOW! If this is true, it would mean that we drifters will have to think about a response if for different reasons we don't want to be considered "disassociated".

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I for one would welcome it.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Howz 'bout using Reverse Theocratic Warfare? Then all the faders could be Double Agents. Hell, I may re-join so I can have some fun.

-BONEZZ

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    If this is true, it would mean that we drifters will have to think about a response if for different reasons we don't want to be considered "disassociated".

Just lie and call it theocratic warefare strategy?. If they can do it why can't we?

Walter

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** Puts right hand on crotch ***

I pledge allegiance to the tower of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

And to the Organization for which it stands.

One cult, under the Watchtower, Unquestionable, With more Rules and Laws than you know what to do with.

Amen

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm currently trying to find an agent for a novel I've written about a religion much like JW's. The leadership of my fictitious religion asks it followers to do something exactly like this, just before the grand finale. (No they don't drink the kool aid, but it's something close).

Could the WTBS being up to something really bad?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has been having resolutions every few years. Most JWs just hope they aren't too long.

Just lie....

w01 10/1 p. 22 What Does It Mean to Be Loyal? ***

Loyalty to God also includes loyalty to his organization. Necessarily, over the years there have been corrections and adjustments to our understanding of certain scriptures. The fact is that no one is as spiritually well fed as we are. (Matthew 24:45-47) Unquestionably, Jehovah has stuck with his modern-day organization. Can we not do likewise? A. H. Macmillan did. Shortly before his death, he said: "I have seen Jehovah?s organization grow from a small beginning, when I dedicated myself to God at the age of twenty-three in September 1900, to a worldwide society of happy people who are zealously proclaiming his truths. . . . I am convinced more than ever before, as I see the end of my service to God on earth approach, that Jehovah has directed his people and given them just what they needed at the proper time." Brother Macmillan served faithfully and loyally for nearly 66 years, until his death on August 26, 1966. He was a fine example of loyalty to God?s visible organization.

*** w97 8/1 p. 8 Serving Loyally With Jehovah?s Organization ***

Expect that Satan will try to undermine your loyalty to Jehovah and to His earthly organization.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If I have to make a choice - apostates or Jehovah's Witnesses - why can't I choose neither?

If I really do have to make a choice, then I really don't know which way to jump...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit