Are the Society planning a 'Pledge of Allegiance'? IT MAY BE TRUE!

by nicolaou 90 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I recently started a list of posters that I don't care to read. You just made the list.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Were this post made on Friday I would have said, "April Fool!"

Truthseeker

• zman
    zman

NOT FUNNY, I had several faders I know ready to come on the board with the om book info we had ahead of time. Then I told them about this now I have to say no it was a joke "haha" sorry, this was in poor taste. Maybe you could post a new joke on your mom passing away, at this point I might find more laughter in it.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

aw, gees guys give nic a break? I though it was a great april fools joke, just a little early

BTW, nic, you might want to see if you can get an admin to joke this over to jokes, just so "the stumbed faders" wont be shocked and appalled after reading this thread.

all I can say is you got me :) MelbatToast

• yelloeteady
    yelloeteady

I would go just for the sake of my family who are witnesses still being able to associate with me. But if they require a signature, I would just put some scribble on the line. Hahahaha

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Okay let's clear this up.

I have apologised twice in this thread for any upset I may have caused. I have sent apologies by Private Message to two individuals who seemed particularly offended. For anyone else who needs to hear it I am happy to say again, "I'm sorry."

However.

Those who seemed to have taken exception to the joke were posters who immediately repeated what they had read to family or friends. Clearly they had made no efforts to check whether the story was true. Certainly no one had contacted me, if they had just asked I'd have told them what was going on! Why would anyone repeat such a clearly 'sensational' story as this without making a few simple checks first?

Also, I watchted the thread from the beginning to monitor replies. I'd already created an explanation page at http://www.thewatchtower.org/aprilfool.htm and was happy to send PM's to several posters within minutes of their replies - encouraging them also to keep an eye on newbies.

Clearly I went too early with the joke and I do not try to excuse my blundering efforts at having a laugh but by the same token I also ended the pretense very quickly - within an hour of the original posting!

I hope this can be an end of it as I do not intend to apologise a fourth time for something which bore no malice to anybody.

Very sincerely,

Nic'

• minimus
    minimus

Hey, you were joking. We all have done it. Just don't do it again until next year! (Only joking).

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thanks Min', that means something coming from you. You're right about next year though. I'd better make it a doozy! (And actually post it on April 1st!)

• freedom96
    freedom96

They will have to find me first if they even want to consider me signing, or not signing anything, if that is what they are up to.

• Mr. Kim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit