Are the Society planning a 'Pledge of Allegiance'? IT MAY BE TRUE!

by nicolaou 90 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jula71
    jula71

Something just hit me, what if it has to do with DoubtfullyYours topic this past week?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/87592/1.ashx

What if we don?t pledge, we?re out? I know, I, for one would never pledge to a crooked organization like that.

• Valis
    Valis

why can't I choose neither?

you certainly can..and frankly it doesn't matter if you use that word or not, you can just join the part of the human race that doesn't believe the end of the world is coming and that to be saved you have to be a JW...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    Just lie....

That's exactly what I was going to say.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

If this is true, it should be pretty interesting to see how everyone deals with the fallout of a clean-out. Maybe some of us will get our families back? That'd be nice, kinda...

J

• catchthis
    catchthis

You know, if this topic was posted a few years ago, I would probably just dismiss it as highly speculative rumor. But with everything that has happened over the last year, including over the last few months, this *feels* like it could indeed happen. It fits perfectly with their agenda as of late.

The first thing that came to mind was to inform everyone related to you and close friends who may still be witnesses. Just mention this rumor in passing, but don't make it out like it WILL happen. Word it in a way where it sounds like only a cult would do such a thing - give them time to agree with you. Make them think that the Society would never do such a thing. When the time comes, and if this does turn out to be true, they will be shocked beyond belief. Then ask them if they plan on reaffirming their position with the Society, or if they believe it feels too cultish as you talked about earlier. Make them think about why the Society is doing this.

I'll be watching this thread with interest over the next few months.

• minimus
    minimus

I just told my mom of this. I think she does see the light getting brighter and brighter!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

The WTS has been having resolutions every few years. Most JWs just hope they aren't too long.

I seem to remember them having one every few years at the DC.

• jaredg
    jaredg

i wonder if this resolution will say something like "we pledge to do god's will and remain loyal to his organization on earth" or somehting more to the effect of "we pledge loyalty to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, god' representative on earth". unless the pledge actually states "to the watchtower bible and tract society" i don't see it being a big deal. it's basically just renewing the baptismal vows.

• catchthis
    catchthis

The problem with these so-called "resolutions," is that most witnesses could give a flip about them. It goes in one ear and out the other. There is no punch delivered with these resolutions. But with this resolution, it could all change. Actually signing your name to something is different than just clapping your hands or yelling out with 30k people saying, "Yes!"

This could be yet another way for WT Legal to avoid suits in the future. It could also null out the pre and post-1985 baptismal questions that many people on this board talk about. You never signed anything regarding your baptism. All that was needed was two "yes's" in front of witnesses. But what if you didn't say 'Yes' out loud? You may now have your chance...

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

If this is true I could seriously see some inactive person going ape-shit and shooting up a kingdom hall or something. Things are reaching a critical mass.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit