Arrowstar - needs our help...

by Jim_TX 100 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

OK.. I know this sounds whacky, but 'specially with you bein' a lovely witchy woman and an xjw and all....

I have suplemented my income as a wedding minister, right around now is a good time to get gigs, specially in a bigger city.

You can get ordained here www.ulc.org and check your local ordinances for registration of your credential (you can print it out for free, and it's totally legit!!)

Then my suggestion would be to call your local branch of the SCA, civil war reenactors, make up cards and take em to the bridal shops etc. It's not a great source of income, but it definitely brings in up to 800.00 extra bux for me in a small town, and you could probably do way better in a big city, I did pretty well when I lived in portland. Just a suggestion, what with the JW public speaking stuff we all have!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Gently Feral -

Thank you, dear. I love hearing the updates on this "project" I told our friend about the work you're doing and he said, "kewl".

Thank you all so very much for your help and support. It's overwhelming to say the least. I get speechless when I try to talk about it. Ask BigTex and Nina. They've seen it in person.

p.s. Not only are things looking up but I have been supplied with Shiner Bock as well... Yep, that's right. I'm smilin'.

Lisa

• Sassy
    Sassy

any word on any jobs?

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

As a matter of fact, I began a temp job. Beyond that, well, who can say? I was looking over the email confirmations that I receive when I post for work online. There are over 200 jobs I've posted for in the last six months and that's just the ones on Monster. Then, there's the ones from CareerBuilder.com. Not to mention the ones I applied for directly from major area companies' websites. Plus, I'm registered with ten different agencies in both Dallas and Tarrant counties.

It's not like I ain't tryin' here.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Glad to hear about the temp job. Are you getting any unemployment compensation?

All I can say is that when someone can try that hard and not find a job, something is profoundly wrong.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    I was looking over the email confirmations that I receive when I post for work online. There are over 200 jobs I've posted for in the last six months and that's just the ones on Monster. Then, there's the ones from CareerBuilder.com. Not to mention the ones I applied for directly from major area companies' websites. P.lus, I'm registered with ten different agencies in both Dallas and Tarrant counties.

It's not like I ain't tryin' here.

Excellent - you're the best kind of person to do magic for, someone who has built up plenty of material resources/mundane connections - in other words, plenty of room for magic to WORK! And now that I've heard about your material efforts, I'm adding alkanet to your candle today, just in case someone is trying to mess with your livelihood.

But, to backtrack...

As a matter of fact, I began a temp job. Beyond that, well, who can say?

I'm shocked! But, yeah, we can't stop now.

I've been working prosperity for my own family lately, and we have far fewer job connections than you do. Still, things are starting to loosen up: yesterday, my husband and I both looked in our wallets and said, "I don't remember having that much money in there."

avishai, thank you for suggesting the ULC ordination! I think I may do that myself some day - in a year or two, maybe, when I knowI have my act together.

gently feral

• mouthy
    mouthy

I cant do pay pal so dont even tell me how it works. But if you P.M. your snail address Arrowstar.---I will send something. from Granny....I know what it is like to go hungry.When my hubby & I came to Ontario - ( he had accepted a job) but became very ill( I was a JW-He wasnt)I had given up my job to go preach for the time was short. DAH! He couldnt take the job- we lived on dry oatmeal! no milk. & crackers & water for a week, then years before that he got drunk & was "rolled" for his pay check I had four kids then little ones- 4-5-6yrs old.All I had was marmarlade & bread for 4 days.....Yuk!!!! Well join the club !!!!sound's like Paul knew what it was like to go hungry also...... Send me the address....Gran....All the best from now on kiddo

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    But, to backtrack...

As a matter of fact, I began a temp job. Beyond that, well, who can say?

I'm shocked! But, yeah, we can't stop now.

Gently Feral -

I've been trying to do a little "spiritual help" myself here for a little while now.

Euph -

Glad to hear about the temp job. Are you getting any unemployment compensation?

that's already gone...you don't get much of it when you work temp.

Granny -

You have a pm.

Everyone -

Thank you all for your support and kindness. I am a truly blessed woman.

Lisa

• Valis
    Valis
    I am a truly blessed woman.

I just called Terrell and they said your room was ready...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    I just called Terrell and they said your room was ready...

w00t!! Now, I've got room and board and meds!!

Life is good .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit