Arrowstar - needs our help...

by Jim_TX 100 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

This is my horoscope for today.

Libra

September 22 - October 22

Your sensitivity, kindness, and service to others could put you somewhat in the public eye today, dear Libra. Whether your activities have been job-related, group-oriented, or simply work you've done for your family and friends, expect to get some very positive feedback and expressions of gratitude and appreciation. You may be experiencing a rush of warmth and affection for those around you, which makes the entire experience that much more gratifying. Enjoy your day.

Wow.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hey..........thats great!

I am a Libra too!

• Bryan
    Bryan

Arrowstar,

November 1993 after a brain injury and my lovely dub wife kicking me out of the house ("I can't take your problems anymore", she said) , I lived in a trailer house I remodeling for rent, with no heat or water. That month I had to collect food stamps just to eat. My wife, while putting herself though University, ate rice and ketchup for a time. We all go through it. Don't let it get you down, even millionaires loose it all at times.

We are thinking of you, take care.

Bryan & Evelyne

Have You Seen My Mother

• morty
    morty

(((((((Arrowstar))))))))

Hope your having a better weekend now.....

• TheListener
    TheListener

I still want to help. Someone please let me know where to send $ or gift card. I'll do paypal if someone explains it to me (is it anonymous?). We have to care for each other. So many of us have lost everyone we've cared about it's important to help.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Hi Lisa,

I just saw this...sorry you're having tough times right now. It happens to everyone. It is very heart-warming to see so many people wanting to help. I never saw this happen as among JW's. I like what you said about "there is good in this old world" after all. I know you said that 'tongue-in-cheek' using 'JW Speak'. You funny !

Mz. Wabbit says, "Hi" and she had some ideas for you: She lived in your city most of her life and she went thru just what you are right now. She got some real help from 2 different organizations, Mission ( your city ) and Catholic Charities. All you need is ID, proof of residence and bring in your bills, they can & will help in amazing ways. From clothing, baby supplies, canned foods, bread, milk, cheese...and fresh foods, too. They can also help with electric, water bills, etc. They're in the phone book.

Catholic Charities...ain't that a kick ? Remember the "Evil Satanic Empire" we were told they were? They will help everyone...irregardless of religion. Imagine what the JW's could do charity-wise with the army of door knockers spending millions of hours trying to convert people...actually tried to give folks the REAL help they need now ?

Anyone who hasn't met Lisa is missing out on a truly generous and kind lady. I knew that before I met her and confirmed it when I did meet her. We'll call ya' later.

Duh Wabbits

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Gosh, I really want to help. Being a single mom also, I know how hard it is. I'll try to see what I can do. I get a disbursement from school next month I think. She really helped me out at the last Dallas fest back in Feb. Even though the help was not monetary, I still owe something to her.

laters

kaykay_mp

• simplesally
  • Sassy
    Sassy

I was in trouble not long ago.. a dear dear soul reached out to me from this board and saved me from eviction with a loan........

and they say when you leave the organization there is no help.. sheesh..

Valis.. I'll pm you and see if I can send something.. I can't afford a lot.. but I will send what I can.....

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Hey Arrowstar,

I lit your second candle at about 4 this afternoon. It's burning with a tall, steady flame, but it is throwing off some soot. No "trail of tears" down the side of the candle, though. Not out of the woods yet, but apparently no more serious setbacks or unpleasant surprises. Hang on, girlfriend!

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit