Morning worship comment from Bethel

by Smoky 84 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Nothing much is known about Steven Lett other than he gave up a potential career as a storyteller to become a member of the Governing Body. (actually, it appears that being an apt creative storyteller is a prerequisite to becoming a member of the GB).

The only info I have found about him is that he is 56 years old.

--VM44

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

At meetings when individuals are droning on about how important the preaching work is, we are saving lives, angels in midheaven are helping us, etc., I have a stock answer.

I talk about all the wonderful encouraging and faith-building experiences we hear of individuals praying to Jehovah for help, and, amazingly, a Jehovah's Witness shows up at their door! What does that tell us? That Jehovah saw these people, recognized them as sheep, listened to them and answered their prayers. So sometimes His sheep are Jehovah's Witnesses, and sometimes they are not! But, how comforted we can be that Jehovah already knows where each and everyone of his sheep resides.

Usually the brothers on the platform looks at me puzzled. They seem to understand what I just said, but I couch it in so much JW jargon, it confuses them.

• Trojan
    Trojan
    How come angels dont care about the rest of the ppl in the world? How about all those ppl in the middle east and asia where virtually no one is ever visited by JW? No notes for you??!!

By, the way.....In one discussion here at Bethel about how to reach the middle east with the truth, Brother Swingle (Governing Body) said: "Forget about it, they are too closed....they will not hear the message." Bum. 2.000.000.000 people wipped off the earth....because too complicated to reach. Off the books, off the record, off those 'Angels notebooks'. ...Move on, we don't need good arabs, chinese at our happy Paradise party.

Here's the question: Let's say God had decided back in 1879, not to use Russell to deliver the truth to humankind, but some guy that comes from the middle east (because there is the craddle of humanity - according to Bible - and that's where the Lord touched ground to preach the Good news, etc.). The guy's name would be Hasan Yuusuf and the Watchtower would come from Saudi Arabia and be named something like "Watan Alkuds" (don't check on the words...). Here is the prize question:

"How many americans or europeans would have accepted the truth?"

Ok, maybe it would have been a stupid idea to put the world headquarters of truth in the middle east (for different other reasons). But, COULD IT BE THAT THESE PEOPLE DON'T ACCEPT THE TRUTH, BECAUSE WE HAVE "AMERICAN" written all over the stuff we print? (Look at the pictures, the ideas,...). It might be that 2 billion people don't get a chance, because of the wrong "strategy",......

Trojan.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Aahhh, Lyman Swingle. I attended the same congregation as his nephew. His nephew had a hugh crush on me; I did not feel the same way. He ended up marry a regular pioneer sister...and started partaking about a year after his marriage. This sister desperately wanted a child; he didn't saying that she wanted it for the wrong reasons...she just wanted to keep a piece of him on earth.

Just think...that all could have been mine.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    since when have angels been able to read hearts-----my thoughts exactly.

Interesting. The WTS teaches that Satan and his demons are "fallen angles" and that psychics and fortune tellers get their information from Satan and the demons. On top of that they also teach that Satan and demons cannot read peoples minds... only gawd and jesus can do that. I guess that guy hasn't been reading his Watchtower enough!

• LDH
    LDH
    The co-worker asks, "Aren't they the ones that don't accept blood transfusions?" "Yes", the driver replies. "But look how well dressed and well behaved their children are. I wish my children were the same." The angels make note of it.

They forgot the rest of the story. At the end of the street, the couple get into their car with their child. The garbage truck driver, busily observing the number of WT and AWakes in the garbage, strike the family's vehicle at full speed.

The mother and father are injured but all right, but the well dressed sustained a critical head injury from blunt impact of her head against the door.

The ambulance arrives with 4 minutes, mayhem ensues. They transport the 6 year old to the nearest hospital and the mother rides in the ambulance with them. The mother makes sure the Paramedics know they are JW, and starts a frantic plea when she hears the paramedic tell the ER to have two units of O Negative on hand for a tranfusion.

The JW mother forbids the order for blood. The Ministerial Servant father begins reciting scripture. Hospital personnell are stunned again as they watch another tragedy unfolding before them. The mother calls the Presiding Overseer, who calls the HLC Elder contact in his congregation. While the Dr. is trying to explain that in a trauma situation, minutes are critical and can be the difference between life and death, the HLC Elder is making a mad dash to the hospital to make sure another child is a WT Martyr.

One hour later, despite all the Saline and Ringers they have pumped into the child, she dies while the hopsital is trying to get a court order to save her life.

Mommy and Daddy hug each other and comfort each other with comments about the New System. Hospital Doctors and Nurses hate the parents and the stupidity of the religion and offer no comfort.

Three days later the child is buried in Field Service Clothes. Two months later, her face is on the cover of a Watchtower magazine about Blood Martyrs.

Oh yes, you'd better believe the angels are watching.

Lisa

Real Stories Class

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

I wonder if this Brother Lett is related to former Dallas Cowboy defensive tackle Leon Lett, who upon recovering a fumble in the last quarter of Super Bowl 27 danced his way towards the endzone. Seeing that the condition of his heart was too cocky, the angels steered a Buffalo Bill in his direction to knock the ball out of his hand. Costing the Cowboys the record of most points ever scored in a Super Bowl. Ahhh, the scriptures say it best.....

Proverbs 3:34 - He mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the fumble.

• rebel8
    rebel8

posterity bump

Mary's version of the OP is an unforgettable jwd classic.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"He mentioned that even if 80% of the people are not at homes and 20% are not interested, we still have many reasons to be joyful."............ 80% of the people are not at homes and 20% are not interested??..80%+20%=100%.............JW`s go from door to door..And..Don`t reach 100% of the population..LOL!!..Clever...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• oompa
    oompa

I know one thing.....i want an Angel Notepad............oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit