Morning worship comment from Bethel

by Smoky 84 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

What a colossal crock of shit!

And ditto to what TATT said. Not 1 scripture, and not bible based.

Further to what tijkmo said. I guess all those householders were musing out loud, since apparently only god can read hearts. I suppose mutes are automatically given a pass to Armegeddon.

Finally, Brother Lett mentioned that even if all of us became regular pioneers and just 1 person in the entire world responded to the truth and got baptized, it would be all worth it.

Well that is the closest thing to an accurate prediction I've seen come out of Brooklyn in decades

But that is not the case. Everyday, hundreds of people are baptized all over the world.'

And everyday hundreds of people leave.

What a colossal crock of shit!

Did I mention What a colossal crock of shit!

P.S. Mary please rewrite this.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

But a garbage truck passes by. The driver tells his co-worker, "There go those witnesses again.
    The co-worker says "no wonder there are so many Awake and Watchtower magazines in the garbage cans. They sure are a persistant people."

What a collosal crock of shit!

• Scully
    Scully
    And, I also don't see why the angels need us to help them judge people's hearts. Isn't God observant enough to figure it out? How can their response to an unskilled, anoying, door to door salesman indicate their heart condition? Heart attitude is deeply internal. If God can read that, he certainly doesn't need any outward indications.

As Runningman and tijkmo both note, since when were angels able to "read someone's heart condition"?? Isn't that Jehovah's job?? I mean, Jehovah is the one who is supposed to be judging people... not angels?? Is Jehovah sub-contracting others of his jobs too? Like is he letting some lame-ass union angel decide the weather these days?? Has he sub-contracted out the accounting too? Is the reason why the lame-ass union angel is making it so damn cold because Jehovah's Accounts Payable department is telling them they can't afford to heat the earth anymore like they used to?

And while I'm at it, how does going to people's homes and knocking on their doors on Saturday mornings and annoying the crap out of them - while God basically has a gun to my head and says "If you don't do this, I'm going to kill you!" - show my real heart condition?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Also, we are fulfilling our responsibility to bear witness to others, we are proving that Satan the Devil is a liar and we are helping the angels determine the condition of people's hearts.

In what way do people prove Satan a liar? As I recall, Satan's challenge to God was with regard to JOB, not anyone else. Hasn't the society simply expanded this scripture to include others? It's just another manipulation tactic.

Also, I don't recall any scriptural support for the statement that "angels can read hearts".

Walter

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

so now the bro's can tell what the angles are doing? way cool! but that is not how it goes, it is more like hey here come those stupid ass holes, they sure are persistent, look at the kids they sure look unhappy.

The dubbers stop by a home where the people are educated on watchtower doctrine, and ask questions like, why is the society the only group of people in the world that date the destruction of the temple by king, neb.2 at 607 bce, and dated it at608 till Russell got better at understanding of the zero year.

The dubbers run for the door and squeal the tires to get away form the evil people who ask all the wrong questions, the neighbors take notice, they laugh.

Angels are only pretend

• Mary
    Mary
    What a colossal crock of shit! Did I mention What a colossal crock of shit! P.S. Mary please rewrite this.

Ahem.....okay, how 'bout dis:

"...This is the biggest colossal crock of shit since the invention of Exlax..."

How's dat?

• M.J.
    M.J.
    ...even if all of us became regular pioneers and just 1 person in the entire world responded to the truth and got baptized, it would be all worth it.

Sadly, that's so cliche'. "But, if we can help just one person, then it's all worth it." Sounds like a cop-out excuse for a grossly ineffective operation. Thankfully the American Red Cross does not operate by that principle.

• moanzy
    moanzy

Have you guys forgotten that Jehovah is reading your heart too!!!! So if the try to question them about the stupidity of this line of reasoning they will just remind you of God watching how obedient you will be to this requirement.

Moanzy

• willyloman
    willyloman

gpp: What a remarkable first post:

I am just amazed that an all-knowing, all-powerful omnipotent being can't come up with a better marketing plan.

Welcome to the Board.

NewYork44: Yes, you're right, this is 20 years old. I've heard it before.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    We had the privelege of taking holy ass Lett out to dinner after an assembly which he took advantage of our kindness and ate like a pig and a big bill came back to us. Isn't that loving, the way he thank us was he let out a smelly holy,hot fart that we were blessed to inhale. THE SAYING GOES" BROTHER LETT LET ONE OUT.".....................stinky memory............no pun intended.

I nearly choked to death laughing.

I was really trying to remember how it was proved to me when I was studying that the angles had a hand in the preaching work, I remember how special I felt that I was found. After reading this thread, it makes me sick how I was a sponge and absorbed it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit