Morning worship comment from Bethel

by Smoky 84 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    AS FOR THE ANGELS, if they are at every door, why does the WTS need the pioneers? Why can't the angels just do the seperating work?

Well, you know it says right in the Bible that God's people will do the separating work, doesn't it? Or does it say...ummm....

Mat 24:31

"And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

altalt

• minimus
    minimus

This is the stupidest comment I've ever heard from a GB member. How the hell does HE know how the angels are watching the Witnesses in their "work"? What basis does he have as to how things run in heaven? What scripture can he use to prove his allegations? It is wrong, per the Watchtower to sprculate.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

That was certainly a wonderful fantasy-world rendition of the preaching work. Here's a real-world version:

At the first door we knock at, a woman peeks through the window, sees it's us and doesn't open the door. She has spoken to us before and knows that if she starts a conversation, she will end up having a fruitless 45-minute "discussion" in which we will not concede points, even when we are clearly wrong. We mark it as a not at home, but the angels mark it as something else. The note they make in their book: "JWs reputation for dogmaticism precedes them."

The second door we knock at, no one is home since the husband and wife are both at work, but we leave a tract. At night, when the couple gets home and sees the tract, a conversation begins. "Can you believe there are people who actually think Satan rules the world? What a negative outlook!" The angels are watching and make note of it: "Far too positive to be JWs."

The third door we knock at, no one answers. This is because the woman at the first house called her friend at the third house and warned her that we were coming. She says, "Thanks, Julia. You know how busy I am with my three little ones. I can't be drawn into endless debates about fruit in magical gardens." We mark it as not at home, but the angels mark it as something else: "That damn story about the snake and the fruit was a bad marketing move. Discuss at next annual meeting."

We knock at the fourth house and no one is home. But the lady across the street sees us. The witnesses had knocked at her door last week, but she didn't listen because she used to be a Witness and already knows far more than she could ever want to. She says, "Those witnesses sure are indoctrinated. But they are very well dressed. Even their children are wearing tiny suits with tiny little neckties. They must hate that. What kid wears a suit? Maybe I should research cults and share the results with my neighbors." Again, the angels make note of it: "Lightening bolt through Steve Hassan's house, ASAP."

We knock at the fifth house and again no one is home. But a garbage truck passes by. The driver tells his co-worker, "There go those witnesses again.
    The co-worker asks, "Aren't they the ones that don't accept blood transfusions or believe in science?" "Yes", the driver replies. "And they don't get involved with any kind of activities at school. They're basically social hermits. I'm glad my kids are socially well-adjusted, not to mention well-educated." The angels make note of it: "People seem to value community and education."

So on just these 5 houses, there may have been 5 not at homes, but look how many people the Witnesses were able to turn off. Now imagine how many people are being turned off everyday, all around the world.

This teaches us to continue making every effort to be active in the ministry and never become discouraged by not at homes or non-interested people. Just by being out there, we are aiding the demise of the organization.

Finally, Brother Lett mentioned that even if all of us became regular pioneers and just 1 person in the entire world responded to the truth and got baptized, it would be all worth it. But that is not the case. Everyday, hundreds of people are baptized all over the world.' He then encouraged us to be steadfast in refusing to think too much about the recent statistics in Westernized countries and their correlation to access to information, such as over the Internet.

Brother SNG

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

SNG Thank you. I wanted to take a stab at that as well. just don't have the time. Good Job!

Still waiting for Mary's version.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Nice one, SNG.

J

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Ha ha! They are still using this example, eh? I heard that years ago at my own KH.........during a talk.........just reading it gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.......and that old hopeless feeling of mind numbing despair........

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Excellent SNG

Much better than my cuss filled effort. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, I think I'm high on Lemsips

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

bttt

Someone asked how old Steve was - I think he might be early 60's or so. No older than that. He served our circuit [and I actually considered him a nice guy and a friend at the time] in the late 80's - and I think he was maybe 45 at the time.

I knew his dad too - didn't know he had been rich - you wouldn't have known it by his demeanor. Steve cried when he privately related the passing of his father by cancer.

Some of the paint we throw on people is a little strong at times, don't you think? Not defending the WTS at all - they cost me 4 decades of my life - but Mark and Steve did try to do what they thought was right - many of us were right alongside them for decades.

I would welcome him to my home for a meal if he showed up - but I hope he doesn't fart.

Jeff

• Emma
    Emma

Sorry if the topic has moved; I didn't have time to read the whole thread, but

This sound like they enjoy having their ears tickled. There were no scriptures to back this up, no "meat." This only makes them feel "good" about themselves while they are chasing after the wind. It's times like this I get so mad at the wts!

Emma

• willyloman
    willyloman

SNG -- That's brilliant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit