Morning worship comment from Bethel

by Smoky 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoky
    Smoky

I received this email from a friend of a friend:

'Comments made by Brother Lett at morning worship today.

The comments were about the work we have of bearing witness of the truth. He went on to say that we should not be discouraged by not at homes or non-interested people. He mentioned that even if 80% of the people are not at homes and 20% are not interested, we still have many reasons to be joyful. Mainly, we are pleasing Jehovah. Also, we are fulfilling our responsibility to bear witness to others, we are proving that Satan the Devil is a liar and we are helping the angels determine the condition of people's hearts.

Brother Lett then gave a very encouraging example/illustration of a typical day in service.

At the first door we knock at, a woman peeks through the window, sees it's us and doesn't open the door. We mark it as a not at home, but the angels mark it as something else. They can see the condition of the woman's heart.

The second door we knock at, no one is home since the husband and wife are both at work, but we leave a tract. At night, when the couple gets home and sees the track, a conversation begins. "Those witnesses were at our house today. They sure are persistent." The angels are watching and make note of it.

The third door we knock at, no one answers. This is because the woman at the first house called her friend at the third house and warned her that we were coming. She says, "Boy, those witnesses sure are persistent. They just don't give up." We mark it as not at home, but the angels mark it as something else.

We knock at the fourth house and no one is home. But the lady across the street sees us. The witnesses had knocked at her door last week, but she didn't listen. She says, "Those witnesses sure are persistent, but very well dressed. Even their children are well behaved. Maybe I should listen to them the next time they knock at my door." Again, the angels make note of it.

We knock at the fifth house and again no one is home. But a garbage truck passes by. The driver tells his co-worker, "There go those witnesses again.
    The co-worker asks, "Aren't they the ones that don't accept blood transfusions?" "Yes", the driver replies. "But look how well dressed and well behaved their children are. I wish my children were the same." The angels make note of it.

So on just these 5 houses, there may have been 5 not at homes, but look how many conditions/reactions of the heart the angels were able to observe. Now imagine how many conditions/reactions of the heart the angels observe all around the world.

This teaches us to continue making every effort to be active in the ministry and never become discouraged by not at homes or non-interested people.

Finally, Brother Lett mentioned that even if all of us became regular pioneers and just 1 person in the entire world responded to the truth and got baptized, it would be all worth it. But that is not the case. Everyday, hundreds of people are baptized all over the world.'

I guess they will use anything to encourage JW to keep preaching.....('conditions/reactions of the heart' cuz they are well dressed... please .)

smoky

• TheListener
    TheListener

Maybe it's just me... but, why would the angels need us to go door to door to determine someone's heart condition? Couldn't they determine their heart condition without them holding a small tract in hand?

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Because they are "well dressed and their children are well behaved" that is a crock. I was so well dressed that people literally gave us clothes because of the shoddy condition I was in. As for behavior, we have all spoken here of the endless beatings in the back of the Kingdom Hall and who remembers getting wacked in the back of the mini van that is driving around taking the pioneers and mothers with children out in service??

AS FOR THE ANGELS, if they are at every door, why does the WTS need the pioneers? Why can't the angels just do the seperating work?

This is based all on pure conjecture and speculation... in other words FANTASY. The real conversations probably go like this, "WHY are those JWs dragging their kids out on Sat morning to preach when they should be playing soccer or spending time tossing a ball back and forth? Those kids don't even get to celebrate holidays or get birthday parties. I feel so sorry for them. Those JWs are wacked."

• Odrade
    Odrade

So what does "something else" mean?

Interpretation:

House #1: Kill

House #2: One more chance

House #3: Kill

House #4: One more chance... Lady across street... one more chance IF someone checks out the territory

House #5: One more chance

Garbage men: ?

Funny how they always mention how "nicely dressed" everyone is too. Hell, the rashneesh were dressed nicely too. Sheela had nice, neat clothes everytime she appeared on the news....

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Yeah, it's got to be pretty hard keeping the sales force motivated when nobody's buying. I've heard similar rationalizations given by CO's.

And, I also don't see why the angels need us to help them judge people's hearts. Isn't God observant enough to figure it out? How can their response to an unskilled, anoying, door to door salesman indicate their heart condition? Heart attitude is deeply internal. If God can read that, he certainly doesn't need any outward indications.

• gpp
    gpp

I am just amazed that an all-knowing, all-powerful omnipotent being can't come up with a better marketing plan. Hell! SPAM'ers get a better return.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Ever hear of Good Angels and Bad Angels??? Maybe they are the Bad Angels doing the work/ how do we know????

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

You mean all those years I kept not at home records when I didn't need to...the angels were doing it for me. Talk about duplication of paperwork! No wonder I laid myself off from there years ago. No use in two people doing the same job!

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Thanks for the inside info.

Have you noticed that none of that is based on the Bible?

Angels take note only when JW visit ppl when they are 'officially' out in service. Scriptures?

What happens if ppl notice well behaved, well dressed children from other religions? What kind of note to the angels take down then?

How come angels dont care about the rest of the ppl in the world? How about all those ppl in the middle east and asia where virtually no one is ever visited by JW? No notes for you??!!

This is the most self centered thing I've ever heard. The angels focus all of their attention on and judge ppl based on how they react when JW visit them.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

This is going around for years now ... nothing new under the sun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit