Morning worship comment from Bethel

by Smoky 84 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

since when have angels been able to read hearts...is this a new thought

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

JW cluelessness is painful to behold. Yes, when I see people walking down the street wearing skirts to their ankles and buttoned-up blouses with frilly collars, the first thing I always think is, "My, what a well-dressed pair! I'll bet their children are well-behaved. Gee whillikers, I'll buy whatever they're selling!" (rolling my eyes till it hurts)

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Steve should know.... His dad , Mark Lett, was one of the richest men in Alabama once upon a time. Steve "replaced" some backslidin' annointed one back in his 20's. Steve's daddy's money got him a long way in the Org. I wonder how his younger brother Tim is?

I used to know these folks.

~Hill

• Preston
    Preston

Within the context of JW-dom I thought it was a nice thought from their perspective in order to help them feel that their work is important. I am no longer a JW but I know there are a lot of sincere JWs who do this because they think its right and they want people to know about the Bible despite all the crackpot theology involved.

-Preston

• Mary
    Mary
    He mentioned that even if 80% of the people are not at homes and 20% are not interested, we still have many reasons to be joyful. Mainly, we are pleasing Jehovah. Also, we are fulfilling our responsibility to bear witness to others, we are proving that Satan the Devil is a liar and we are helping the angels determine the condition of people's hearts.

So how exactly is that pleasing Jehovah? If people aren't home and they're not listenening, then how exactly does that prove Satan de Debbil a liar?

What a crock of shit.............

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

So let that be a lesson to all of you; God is incapable of judging human hearts without them first being exposed to persistant clothes horses with zombie children...

J

• Gopher
    Gopher

Every imagined reaction to the JW's calling was "those Witnesses sure are persistent". Is Brother Lett so sure that people use the word "persistent"? Maybe they were really saying "pestilent".

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Lett was a putz at 25. I can imagine what 30 years at the Castle has done for him. Live is easy when it's paid for.

~Hill

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    But a garbage truck passes by. The driver tells his co-worker, "There go those witnesses again.
    The co-worker asks, "Aren't they the ones that don't accept blood transfusions?" "Yes", the driver replies. "But look how well dressed and well behaved their children are. I wish my children were the same." The angels make note of it.

When I started reading this, it vaguely sounded familiar. When I read the above passage - I remember why it sounded so familiar. I distinctly remember in the early 80s hearing a CO give this example. As strange as it may seem I remember going out in service after this and talking about it with a fellow publisher and how encouraging the comments were. I even can remember what street we were on and who I was with!?!

Unbelievable how this site can stir up repressed memories. From what was written in the lead post it is hard to say if this comment was given at a recent Bethel breakfast, but it is amazing how they just recycle the same ol crap.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    "But look how well dressed and well behaved their children are.

What a stupid point for the Society to bring up. You can't judge a book by its cover. So because they are well dressed and have well behaved children that makes them God's true religion, huh? How many well dressed people have commited crimes and are dishonest? I'm sure the Mormons are well dressed, have well behaved children and are persistent when they go door knocking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit