A comment I heard tonight

by Generic Man 300 Replies latest jw experiences

• Schizm
    Schizm

Nice attempt at trying to change the subject, Jean.

Now, getting back to what had been said:

You all condemn the WTS for making use of what it calls "Theocratic War Strategy". Yet, each and every one of you would be guilty of doing the same thing if the right condition presented itself. I find it not surprising that nobody chose to address my post up above. Of course, I know the reason why you tippy-toed out around it.

Here it is again. Anyone here brave enough to challenge it?

I'm absolutely positive that every single person who posts here would use the same sort of strategy if ever they were to be faced with certain circumstances. For example: What if some stranger suddenly barged into your home one evening, and with a deadly weapon in hand demanded to know where your wife is? Would you tell this potential rapist exactly what he wanted to know? Like: "Well, she's in the utility room putting clothes on to wash." Or, would you give him misleading information? Like: "I have no wife." Or maybe: "She's not here at the moment."

Since each and every one of you here would elect to give false information regarding the whereabouts of your wife, do you consider that to be a condemnable type of lie? Of course you don't! http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/88936/1.ashx

Face it, you can't condemn the WTS's actions without condemning your own.

Which was followed by:

Just my two cents Schizm. We aren't the ones claiming to be Jesus/Jehover's mouthpeice.--Daunt.

So that's all the defense you can muster? That's truly laughable! Perhaps you'd like to explain how what you've said makes the slightest bit of difference. You're saying that because you don't make the same claim as what the WTS does, then somehow you're justified in using deceit to protect your interests whereas they're not.

That's really nice of you to be tying the hands of those who earnestly try to do God's will. Yes, rather than aid such ones, you'd prefer to cripple them. You're so eat up with hatred it's pitiful. Do you also hate yourself? How about your mother, father, or siblings? It wouldn't surprise me but what you do.

Are there no others here that care to step forward? So Daunt's so-called defense is the best you all have to offer? Jean herself can't meet the challenge as shown by her avoidance of the issue I've raised. Instead of bravely addressing the issue, she's subtly attempted to divert the focus of attention over onto me. That's a tactic often used by persons who can't win any other way.

Again, I taunt, Are there no others?

• zaphod
    zaphod

so we condemn ourselves by condemning the wts.

do two wrongs make a right?

• Daunt
    Daunt

Sorry Schizm. My post above just symbolized the amount I cared for you and this thread.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    I'm absolutely positive that every single person who posts here would use the same sort of strategy if ever they were to be faced with certain circumstances. For example: What if some stranger suddenly barged into your home one evening, and with a deadly weapon in hand demanded to know where your wife is? Would you tell this potential rapist exactly what he wanted to know? Like: "Well, she's in the utility room putting clothes on to wash." Or, would you give him misleading information? Like: "I have no wife." Or maybe: "She's not here at the moment."

How exactly is a stranger barging in asking the whereabouts of my wife similar to denying or minimizing the nature of a public, voluntary, legally established 10-year relationship with the Image of the Wild Beast?

In one case, you would be after saving someone physical harm, in the other you would be after saving face and lying/deceiving to improve the impression others have of you. (Acts 5:1-11) I didn't answer it because, like many of your arguments, it was completely irrelevant to the discussion. But since you seem determined to get some sort of response...

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Schizm: Nice attempt at trying to change the subject, Jean.
    Schizm: Also, a real apostate is someone whose activity runs the risk of undermining the faith of others in the Congregation. Can you show me where I've subverted the faith of others by something I've said here? No, you can't.

Too, a real apostate is a person who no longer has the best interests of the WTS at heart. Can you truthfully say that my comments here is against the best interests of the WTS? No, you can't do that either.

I thought the same thing when you invited her to prove a side-topic to you. "Nice attempt to try and divert the discussion, Schizm."

OldSoul

• Schizm
    Schizm
    But since you seem determined to get some sort of response...

I'm STILL waiting.

• Schizm
    Schizm

so we condemn ourselves by condemning the wts.

do two wrongs make a right?--Zaphod.

I didn't say it was wrong in either case. What I did say, was that if YOU condemn the WTS then you've automatically condemned yourselves because you won't hesitate to also use deceit under certain circumstance.

That clear enough for you, Zaphod? Sheesh! Or do you need me to draw you a picture?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Sorry Schizm. My post above just symbolized the amount I cared for you and this thread.--Daunt.

Sounds just about like something that'd come out of the mouth of a 17-year old kid.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Schizm: I'm STILL waiting.

Acts 5:1-11 is an account of deceit to put a better than genuine face on reality.

I do not see any connection between individuals lying to protect loved ones and religious organizations deceiving their adherents to keep up a false pretense of spiritual virginity. That is my response.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I do not see any connection between individuals lying to protect loved ones and religious organizations deceiving their adherents to keep up a false pretense of spiritual virginity. That is my response.

Of course you don't "see". And I no longer expect that your "eyesight" will improve much either. You're too full of animosity for the WTS to have clear vision.

I find it quite revealing that there has only been you and a 17 year-old boy that's replied to my taunt.

Where have all the Goliath's disappeared to these days! Are there no others here that care to step forward?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit