How do you women feel about acting stupid to please men and the borg?

by Dragonlady76 97 Replies latest jw friends

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

If I am in a relationship, I don't think that is is very NICE for the other person to display or show off their capability. It doesn't mean that they aren't who they are and it doesn't mean that they are somehow lesser. If they keep their talents in check and don't show up their partner all that is is being a good Christian and a good person and showing love and consideration towards the other person. Period.

Except, of course, unless she's giving ya a blow job, eh? (it's a conscience matter, remember?)

But, seriously folks, this is one of the most idiotic statements I have EVER read on this forum.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Oroborus wrote,

What I am saying is that if you really look at the Society's advice all that it is really saying is that if YOU (the woman) are better at doing something than your partner, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHOW IT OFF OR SHOW HIM UP.

So is it safe to assume Eduardo that you are one of these men, that needs to have his ego stroked? I wonder if you realize just how much you revealed about yourself? How sad, when a man's insecurity leads him to squelch his spouses intellect and ability just to make himself feel better. To sum things up, you advocate The Society's position that allows men the right to inflict selfish and insensitive behavior towards their spouse, due to their own insecurity. What's the matter Eduardo? Do we women make you feel a little unsure of your male superiority?

Dragonlady76

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Alanf,

This is horrible advice, because it has the cart before the horse. Everyone ought to be honest enough with himself to know his strengths and weaknesses, and ought to be humble enough to allow that others -- including and especially one's mate -- might be much better at some things.

Thx

Dragonlady76

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hi Jeanniebeanz:

No the two positions are not contradictory.

So long as you subscribe to the bible's viewpoint, I believe there must be a recognition of a spiritual headship.

The bible (Paul) actually clearly delineates both a headship arrangement in a family (married man and woman & children) and within the congregation.

Now please understand that this is talking about "spiritual headship" and not "spiritual leadership" and especially not about non-spiritual things.

I believe that in due time, the Society will begin to use women in "ministerial roles" including becoming deacons/ministerial servants and serving in important administrative capacities "overseer" positions that don't involve direct "teaching" in contrary to Paul.

Since women are part of the "priests and kings" of the anointed class, it really will only then be a small step before the next step is made if ever.

But there can exist a situation where official "spiritual headship" is not violated by women serving in what to the present has been roles and positions solely permitted to men in the Organization. It remains only for the Society to get there eventually.

Considering the family situation, and being married I can understand this well, basically I have two concerns:

On spiritual matters there is not much conflict in my family because my wife is not a JW. But let us say she was, then there may be some times that her and I may not agree on a spiritual matter. I see the bible saying basically establishing that it will break this "spiritual tie-breaker" by deferring to the Man. Sorry it has to be one way or another and we win. (Too bad, write the bible next time!)

The problem is that we (JW) men (and not just us you know lots of people) tend to extend the Bible's viewpoint above to non-spiritual things and that gets us mostly in trouble and cause problems, although really SOMEONE HAS TO BE THE FINAL DECISION MAKER on non-spiritual matters (even if it a coin toss or arm wrestling match or rock/paper/scissors).

That brings me to my own original saying:

"A man's home is his castle, only if his wife crowns him King."

-Eduardo

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Oroborus,

From your remarks it's clear that you do not have on feminist bone in your body, so stop lying to yourself, it's very pathetic. You cannot take back what you wrote, and THIS WOMAN will not let you back out of it gracefully. I don't let any man tell me how, when where or what. Guess you should have thought it out more before you wrote. By the way the title is not misleading, but your posts sure were.

Dragonlady76

• talesin
    talesin
    I see the bible saying basically establishing that it will break this "spiritual tie-breaker" by deferring to the Man. Sorry it has to be one way or another and we win. (Too bad, write the bible next time!)

LOL!

Nyaaa nya nya nya nya!!!

hahahaha go back to kindergarten, little boy

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    I see the bible saying basically establishing that it will break this "spiritual tie-breaker" by deferring to the Man. Sorry it has to be one way or another and we win. (Too bad, write the bible next time!)

You are scaring me at this point. What makes me really stand in wide eyed amazement is that you are an attorney. As an attorney, you no doubt will be approached by 'sisters' when things go south in the marriage. What will you counsel them? Be nice and take it because it is God's will and he's the boss? Someone has to have the final decision in all important matters and if you don't like it, write the bible yourself next time? How insulting is that?

I was beaten, yes said beaten, by a jw elder in good standing for many years, my ex. I went to people like you in the congregation and begged them for help for 8 of those 15 years because I was instructed by the braindead elders that if I took it outside of the congregation and to the legal authorities I would be bringing shame on Jehovahs name.

What was I told? It was all my fault, I should have been more submissive, quiet, [insert whatver bullshit reason you want to here]. The mere fact that someone like you with your twisted ideas toward women is in the position to give legal advice to women in danger scares the hell out of me.

How can you do it? How can you be so pro-equal rights and pro-feminist and then make the statements you have made? I'm speachless!

J

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

I think it is really funny how often JWs are criticized (rightly it is true) for misquoting scholars and others but I see some of you doing exactly the same thing, even worse.

I don't know how I can plainly write something and then someone can excerpt it and place their own interpretation upon it that is absolutely not what I said. That is hilarious!

Anyways, just to clarify my views for all you "weaker sexes" out there (hee, hee) (you see its not fun cause I can't even be sure that when a person is clearly expressing humour, that they won't be misperceived. oh well, I press on)...

I don't NEED my ego stroked, but I am MAN enough to admit that I LOVE when it and (yes other body parts) are stroked by a woman. I love a woman's attention and humoring of me (even when she is quite evidently superior). I think its great.

I don't think, I know that women are quite superior to me (and other men) in various ways. I also believe that men are superior to women in some ways. I know it isn't politically correct to say or believe so but I believe it to be the truth.

(it hasn't come up yet but it seems implied so I will address it)

As for respecting women, I have a tremendous amount of respect for women. In my opinion, more than many men that I see around, much more actually.

I wouldn't say that I am a feminist but I would say that I am very progressive when it comes to giving women in the organization (and the world) more opportunity and the ability to compete with men on an equal footing. But there are fundamental differences between the sexes that I think for a long time feminists have tried to suppress (to the detriment of women I think) and in my opinion it would be better to just recognize and embrace our differences and let each sex contribute to our overall society to the best of their ability.

-Eduardo

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*get's out the popcorn and a coke and sits back to watch*

This should be interesting...

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Dear Jeannie:

Regarding your latest:

This is what I am talking about, being completely misunderstood. It is both frustrating and bewildering.

Let me make is as plain as I can:

Recognizing a "spiritual headship" is NOT AN EXCUSE OR LICENSE for a man to abuse a woman or to exploit a woman. Period.

Such conduct is an abomination and a misuse of scriptural principles and what the Bible really says. I am sorry that it happens and I understand that it happens.

It isn't right, but it doesn't invalidate what the bible says.

-Eduardo

PS: doesn't anyone recognize naked humour anymore? Obviously I was joking when I said "write the bible, next time"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit