How do you women feel about acting stupid to please men and the borg?

by Dragonlady76 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

The quote below was part of a talk in the 90's. I heard this as a child and thought to myself, how can any woman accept such a draconian veiw? I was not sure if I had understood correctly so, I brought it up to my bible study conductor Maggie, I was appalled that she agreed with this veiw, we debated it back and forth, until I got the upper hand, then she told me that I was to "rebellious and strong willed", and that I "should never get married", that I way I would not have to submit to male "headshit" "headship". Every time I think about that talk, my blood boils and the rage I feel is hard to suppress. Dragonlady76

*** w99 8/1 pp. 19-20 Show Honor to Others ***

At 1 Peter 3:7, the husband is directed to assign his wife "honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one." He can do this by displaying a genuine willingness to listen and by taking his wife?s suggestions into consideration. (Genesis 21:12) He may give her first choice when no issue is at stake, and he does things for her and treats her kindly. In turn, "the wife should have deep respect for her husband." (Ephesians 5:33) She listens to him, does not always strive to get her way, does not belittle or nag him. She shows lowliness of mind by not trying to dominate her husband, even when she has superior abilities in certain areas.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Dragonlady,

I always wondered why my dad would willingly chose to join a cult. This mentality is probably what sealed the deal! What a crock.

~Tracy, of the "glad to be out of Stepford" class.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I dont think you have to act stupid, you just have to act like the boys are smarter than you... oh sorry, I guess that means you have to act stupid. Dang that sux.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

That talk, I will never forget, it also sealed the deal for me, I knew there was no way I would ever accept such treatment from anyone, and that any group with such a veiw was sick. I wanted then and still do to rip the fu#@ing head off of the idiot that wrote that talk. I'm surprised that the JW's have not yet tried to impose the burka dress for women.

Dragonlady76

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Woman got a raw deal in that Org for sure.. I can't believe they of all people ever stick around.

GBL

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm still in there, but I don't act stupid. I say exactly what I think and how I feel.

This behavior has me 'marked as not good association'. I feel better with myself, though.

DY

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    This behavior has me 'marked as not good association'. I feel better with myself, though.

DY

Ata girl! this behavior makes you smart.

Dragonlady76

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Does everybody remember in their world history class when we studied about how the Chinese used to bind the feet of their infant girls so they would grow up to walk in a hobbled manner - because they thought that was feminine?!! Well, we can be grateful this practice was outlawed. What this reminds me of is how women are treated by the JWs. This is what they want to do to a woman's brain. They want to turn her into a mental cripple so that they will feel more manly about themselves. LHG

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Though never baptized, the more I studied, the more I began to display that 'lowliness of mind'. My non-religious husband missed the real me. Once in a while (as seeds were planted), I'd say something sarcastic and he'd say, "yeah, there you go!". He likes that I speak my mind and don't take sh** from people. Most of the time, anyway!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I got in shit many times with elders? because my wife was what they considered unsubmissive?. It's not that she disrespected me or anything, but when we made decisions we did it together. Most likely the elders? were pissed because she was unsubmissive? to them. If they came to her about something she'd say to them, "Why are you telling me? Go talk to my head! He's over there!"

When I got married I wanted to marry an equal, not some bimbo who needed her every move monitored. Evidently, many brothers? are not comfortable with that. Perhaps they recognize their own deficiencies after all. Many times I marvelled at the stupidity of the brothers?, and felt sorry for the sisters? because the pickings were so slim.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit